Meet Your Meat

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Destee, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I just viewed the video called Meet Your Meat and whew! I cringed watching it!

Meet Your Meat

As i watched, i couldn't help but think of what Brother Sefirot said, regarding the Spirit is in the blood.

If true, there's no wonder why we manifest some of the ugliness that we do.

Looking at how these animals are treated, and then we consume them ... oh my gosh.

I'm moving toward vegetarianism i think!

Check it out for yourself!

Share your thoughts after viewing, please.

:heart:

Destee

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I am trying to move in the same direction.
    It's just so difficult changing bad habits.
    If people just had more information concerning the parasites in all processed foods.
    Especially meat.

:cook:

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    We are omnivores our eyes are in front and we have canine teeth so we are natural predators......meat is good .....but that processing is one of the main reasons I kill my own meat , pork,deer,turkey,duck,goose,fish,crab and a lot more stuff a lot of folks won't eat in between.......

and like anything else moderation is the key....along with personal preference also.....but don't think that because you're a vegetarian you're not killing a living thing to eat because plants live and respond to stimulus a lot like animals do.........killing is killing no matter how you slice it......

MississippiRed

4. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    For the record, you don't kill a plant when you eat its fruit or vegetables. The plant continues to flourish and produce more.
    In fact, they drop from the plant anyway.

We are not omnivores by nature. Our so-called canines evolved into such when we began to eat meat.
    The body adapts to its environment as well as to its perceived necessity to preserve its life (that of the vessel).
    If we were natural predators, we would have natural weapons with which to attack and kill our prey...as do all "natural predators" (a concept I've recently begun questioning).

Thanks a heap for the film, Destee. I showed my class today. It went well :)
    I'm certain I'll have a few less-than-grateful parents, but hey...No one said being responsible was easy.

Another record entry...Karma is fair.

5. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Destee you started things off with "Blessings".

Well I will explain "Curses" in this case.

To me eating meat or eating vegetable does not MATTER. What MATTERS is asking for BLESSINGS and giving THANKS. Because we have become UNTHANKFUL with all the FOOD (MEAT or VEGETABLES) we EAT we are in the midst of "CURSES".

So what do I mean?

The Creator in relation to MAN states that following the Creator's LAWS any man women and child will see in their lives blessings in the form of wealth, that includes the increase in thy flock herd on the farms etc.

Now MAN decided not to do that. How does MAN increase they flock herd farm etc. He uses PESTICIDES and ANTIBIOTICS to try to increase their flock herd farm produce etc.

WE have become DEPENDENT on the CURSE. Not on the LAW which gives BLESSINGS from the CREATOR. The CURSE has caused US ALL to be UNTHANKFUL when we EAT when we DRINK to EACH OTHER.

All because we are not SPIRITUALLY DISCERNING.

Eating VEGETABLES for me is NOT THE ANSWER. There are WAY MORE things we MUST take into consideration. If you think VEGETABLES are the answer study societies with VEGETABLES or no MEAT as a SOLUTION and you will see that they still have OTHER PROBLEMS.

But oh well. BLESSES multiply and so do CURSES.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This was a nice post, because the reality is that even after an animal is killed it retains its animal characteristics in its cells for months after it is killed. Dr. Manwaring, a professor of bacteriology and pathology at Stamford University, California, finds that the human organism is so sensitive to the influences of diet, that he has declared; "Man is what he eats".

Biochemist have discovered that when man eats beef, pork, mutton, eggs, milk, the cells of these animal substances form a sort of intermarriage with the cells of the human body. In technical language they call it a "symbiosis"...in laymans language we would call it a " companionate marriage". They found that horse serum when injected into the human body, remains "horsey" for months and even years afterwards.. When it was injected into a dog the horse protein still retained its individuality in the dogs blood at the end of three months.

Now bear in mind that the liver of the dog is better structured as a carnivor to digest the horse than ours is, simply because humans are not biologically "meat eaters". So if the identity of the horse remained in the dog for that long, imagine what's going on with us?? This is why in the book of the dead, "our ancestors considered us impure even if we ate fish". Amazing, isn't it ?

7. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    According to Keitas above post; potentially, we are more programmed by the food we ingest than we are by white supremacy! Man (especially Black) needs an all around thorough re-programming.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...I was very curious when it came to reading this post.

For one thing, it sounds a bit like you are saying "eating meat" is a good thing, so long as you Bless it. That is almost connotating "eating plastic" is a good, so long as you truly, truly, truly Bless it, and am very Thankful for it from Your Heart. I believe that eating Wholesome Foods, AND Blessing/Giving Thanks for the food (fuel) you are about to put into your body.

I seen several documentaries the other day, and it was talking about how eat certain foods for a certain purpose. Hence, I could get up in the morning and have 1 Cup of Oats (Starch) w/o Milk to absorb Dietary Fiber, so that I could at least 'make it' through the morning, without becoming sedentary (lazy). Also bear in Mind that just before I consume the Oats (which also cultivate Acid-Ash in the Body), I Give Thanks (through Prayer) for the food that is about to give me "evergy," or the ability to get through the morning. Almost similar to pumping Gas in your car, Giving Thanks to the fact that this Gas that you are pumping into your car will aide you in getting home, and that the Gas will not "backfire" on you! (That was my best joke - HAHA)

Anyway, I say all that to say that I am not very curious as to how Meat would help me. It can not convert into Glucose, Sucrose (which is dangerous anyway), starch, has no enzymes, no Fiber, no beneficial nutrients, and certainly does not help you to live longer. I read in Dr. Llaila Afrika's Book African Holistic Health where he mentioned that you have:

Breathatarians (Longest Life Span)
    Liquidtarians (2nd Longest)
    Fruitarians (3rd Longest)
    Vegetarians (4th Longest)

Although I am even curious about that (didn't provide enough information, IMO), it moves me to further go on to say that I STILL don't think Meat belongs in our Digestive System. I could be as Thankful as possible, as Bless it as much as I want to, but what function does it serve once in my Body? Please tell me-

(Nevermind - I know better. I need to do the Re-Search, or re-search it for myself!)

Just felt I needed to present this information...for if it does not confuse someone's Understanding, it will BLESS someone's Overstanding.

Ase'

KD

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hetep Beloved Sistah Spice:

I'm pretty sure you are aware of the fact that White Supreme-Racists (Supremacy) play a role in the process behind getting food from Farms, Land around the world to the Nation's Supermarket shelves, correct?

Peace-

KD

10. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Sure... it's a "box within a box" situation.