Black Education / Schools : Meet the DeVos family — super-wealthy right-wingers working with the religious right to destroy publ

An education or indoctrination?!

What do you mean when you say, "As far as Afrocentric education goes, that ship has sailed."?

I believe Afrocentric Education would be the cornerstone of building our collective self-esteem.

A lot people on destee are successful and therefore do not have contact with the "hood". Because I work in allied health there are nurse aides sitting next to RNs who are sitting next to MDs. What black people think blackness is in the lower rungs of income would shock many here. We must first define blackness in a positive light. So yes, education is indoctrination as long as we do not control the content. But even if we did, we have to regain the high standards our ancestors had. Failure to do this will defeat any projects we might set forth on.

The only black folk I've met who object too Afrikcentricity are those who know next too nothing about it! Especially the wannabe intellectuals who post long drawn out posts that don't say very much, and get offended when questioned. Malcolm's approach worked for me and a whole lot of other people. His approach was direct and brutally honest. One's ability too accept this approach without getting one's feelings hurt is a test in itself! Afrikan people in this country are in the same exact position that Europeans were in Nazis Germany in 1938. Yet some among us are still debating the relevance of the inherently evil political, economic, and social system that oppresses us. And when people who believe this are questioned they jump on the defensive. No one is beyond reproach! Anyone can be questioned!!!

I agree with this. But, Afrocentric thought cannot be put out there in an "I'm awake and you are asleep" paradigm. It will only be rejected. First, we have to be gentle and help our indoctrinated brothers and sisters recognize the lies based on logic. After they see the lies, then we have to give them a plan to succeed in a system specifically designed to defeat them. Then and only then will black people in the USA claim a seat at the world table.

A lot people on destee are successful and therefore do not have contact with the "hood". Because I work in allied health there are nurse aides sitting next to RNs who are sitting next to MDs. What black people think blackness is in the lower rungs of income would shock many here. We must first define blackness in a positive light. So yes, education is indoctrination as long as we do not control the content. But even if we did, we have to regain the high standards our ancestors had. Failure to do this will defeat any projects we might set forth on.
White rich people are the true devils in the world! They always have been.

I agree with this. But, Afrocentric thought cannot be put out there in an "I'm awake and you are asleep" paradigm. It will only be rejected. First, we have to be gentle and help our indoctrinated brothers and sisters recognize the lies based on logic. After they see the lies, then we have to give them a plan to succeed in a system specifically designed to defeat them. Then and only then will black people in the USA claim a seat at the world table.
I beg too differ! Lower class Blacks are very receptive to Afrikcentricity. The black middle and upper middle classes are not only unreceptive, but are the main obstructionists too same.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back