Black Sports : Meet 7-foot-5 Tacko 'Taco' Fall, the nation's tallest high school basketball player

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sports,

Meet 7-foot-5 Tacko 'Taco' Fall, the nation's tallest high school basketball player

[​IMG]

Meet Tacko "Taco" Fall. He's somewhere between 7-foot-4 and 7-5, wears a size 22 shoe and has an 8-foot wingspan. And he's believed to be the tallest prep basketball player in the U.S., if not the world.

"Everywhere I go, people want to take pictures, talk to me, shake my hand, but I'm getting used to it now," the Tavares (Fla.) Liberty Christian Prep junior told the Orlando Sentinel this past November.

Fall arrived in Florida from Dakar, Senegal, via Texas, Ohio and Tennessee with little to no organized basketball experience. Former Orlando Magic center Pat Burke, now running a training facility in the area, helped steer Fall to Liberty Chrisitan through former Auburn University teammate Mamadou N'Diaye, whose brother runs the Flyingstar Academy for soccer and basketball in Senegal.

suggested reading and video viewing:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...ot-5-tacko--taco--fall--the-nation-s-tallest-high-school-basketball-player-150607770.html

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Hopefully, he is athletic enough

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Did you get a chance to review the video? He claims to be fully aware of the need to not just be tall, but athletic as well.