Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : meditation

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
37,283
12,334
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
get a copy of the metu neter and read it. there is also other information around that would be more general.
 

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
21,130
9,467
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

thePreacher

Banned
MEMBER
Dec 2, 2007
1,227
816
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
hiphopolx said:
Can anyone here give advise about meditation?
There is the Divine Self, and then there is the lower-case 's' self. The self is associated with the physical body, the lower case 'm' mind, and the five senses. The Divine Self is not of this world. Ancient sages intuited meditation as a vehicle to be used to travel from the phenomenal realm of body/mind/senses to the noumenal realm of the Divine Self.

We are programmed by this world's system, from birth, to associate our being with the body/mind/senses. All meditation techniques, if they have value, attempt to still the input from your body/mind/senses which serve to distract you from knowledge of the Divine Self.

The best way to learn meditation is to be taught by a Self-realized teacher. If/when the student's ears are ready to hear, the teacher will appear.
 

MenNefer

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Dec 30, 2006
664
21
Alkhemy

hiphopolx said:
Can anyone here give advise about meditation?
1) The whole breathing system is a vibrating organism. With this in mind (as Istlota states) it is good to have someone assist (Ari Sa Aungk). It is also good to use aids that will assist you with bridging the emphasis away from left brained dominated thinking.

2) Awakening the Healing Light is a good book by Mantak Chia and of course Muaty Ashby's Egyptian Yoga.

3) Manipulation of breath and refined vitality (observance of the cycles of Ra)
can instigate different levels of awareness as observed in the wave states the brain goes into: Theta , Beta , Alpha, Delta etc.

4)I follow the exercises given in Metu Neter (There are an assortment options of course ...I mean nothing finite is absolute or essentially genuine)

5) The colors .The sitting direction..the smells... the hekau.. and my contemplations before hand, to set up my objectives, and real time observances during the day all prove to be tenderizing my person up for the Coming Forth;)
 

hiphopolx

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Sep 12, 2006
1,464
214
Long Island NY
jamesfrmphilly said:
get a copy of the metu neter and read it. there is also other information around that would be more general.
Thanks for your response. I have bought this book (about 4 times, it's been stolen, loaned out, and one time just fell apart to the point where I just bought another one). It was RUNA's books that have taught me the importance of meditation. I don't feel I'm getting what I should be getting out of the meditations.
 

hiphopolx

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Sep 12, 2006
1,464
214
Long Island NY
istlota said:
There is the Divine Self, and then there is the lower-case 's' self. The self is associated with the physical body, the lower case 'm' mind, and the five senses. The Divine Self is not of this world. Ancient sages intuited meditation as a vehicle to be used to travel from the phenomenal realm of body/mind/senses to the noumenal realm of the Divine Self.

We are programmed by this world's system, from birth, to associate our being with the body/mind/senses. All meditation techniques, if they have value, attempt to still the input from your body/mind/senses which serve to distract you from knowledge of the Divine Self.

The best way to learn meditation is to be taught by a Self-realized teacher. If/when the student's ears are ready to hear, the teacher will appear.
Well I've been waitin. I truly understand what you're saying though. I hope you stick around you have a way with words I think a lot of folks here can/ benefit from. NOT JUST THE MESSAGE BUT HOW THE MESSAGE IS SAID.
Plus this site is better than that other site you electronically hang around
:geek:

Just kidding
:)





not really :(
 

hiphopolx

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Sep 12, 2006
1,464
214
Long Island NY
MenNefer said:
1) The whole breathing system is a vibrating organism. With this in mind (as Istlota states) it is good to have someone assist (Ari Sa Aungk). It is also good to use aids that will assist you with bridging the emphasis away from left brained dominated thinking.

2) Awakening the Healing Light is a good book by Mantak Chia and of course Muaty Ashby's Egyptian Yoga.

3) Manipulation of breath and refined vitality (observance of the cycles of Ra)
can instigate different levels of awareness as observed in the wave states the brain goes into: Theta , Beta , Alpha, Delta etc.

4)I follow the exercises given in Metu Neter (There are an assortment options of course ...I mean nothing finite is absolute or essentially genuine)

5) The colors .The sitting direction..the smells... the hekau.. and my contemplations before hand, to set up my objectives, and real time observances during the day all prove to be tenderizing my person up for the Coming Forth;)
Thanks for your response and the continued priceless wisdom you drop here.
I actually bought a couple of his cassette tapes (note; i said 'cassette tape' it was a long ago :(
I followed the instructions. I concentrated on my breathing but I feel when I do that, I'm not breathing right at all. The meditation I believe I do get, is usually when I awake and I'm at a real relaxed state. I often have received revelations in this state. And the whole thing is pretty much involuntary.
 

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart:
Top