Black People : Media pushing white men and black women relationships

Yes, many of our people need family counseling. We divorce more because some problems we do not know how to work through. Also, are tolerance levels are not as high for some issues that may also exist within marriages of people of other ethnicities. The statistics do not explain some of the reasons that some of the marriages last, but family values, wealth, and legacy keeps some together. Of course, there is also the issue of the independence level of the woman. It.is possible the more independent the woman the less likely she believes she has to stay in a marriage where there might be infidelity and constant unemployment. Some of us do not think of our futures and families' future. Some of us are selfish and do not put our families first. Maybe, more research is needed in this area to compare divorced Black families to married Black families.

Actually, the above opinion is really just that, an opinion; definitely not fact. I don't agree with you that this "mindset" as you call it, that black women see relationships with white men as a way to get a better life, get lighter skin children and escape hardship, exists to a great degree today in the 21st century. If that were the case why don't we see more black women trying to get white men? We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

The stats I quoted didn't make any claim about 65 year old white male/black female marriages that lasted over 40 years. However, the stats indicated that white male/black females marriages lasted longer than the other combinations when checking past 10 years.

Research also indicates for whatever reason, blacks (i.e. black male/black female) have a higher rate of divorce than the other same race marital groups. (I could hunt for the stats if you like.) So statistically speaking, when it comes to longevity, sistahs who choose white males as husbands are more likely to be in marriages that last. I don't know why. Also, since white males do earn higher incomes and possess more wealth than any other racial group, sistahs who choose them as life partners would (again, statistically speaking) be placing themselves on more solid financial ground. That may explain some of what's going on, but I still suspect MOST of what's going on is just plain ol' proximity breeds affection.

...The next man that courted me was a White man and I told him from the beginning that I want a husband and not a buddy. We have been married for almost 10 years.

I sincerely hope the two of you have been happy. Some of our fellow members have on this thread and others, expressed what I interpreted to be disapproval of interracial relationships per se if they involve a black male or black female with a nonblack partner--especially if that partner is white. I don't share that sentiment. Also, from what some members have written, the very sight of a white male with a black female riles them up.

Given your unique perspective I am interested in how you feel when you see IR relationships on the entertainment and advertising venues. Do you believe white male/black female relationships are being presented as a subtle endorsements of such relationships? Do you believe entertainment producers and/or the government are using these images to insult or demean black men? From what I've seen, most of the interracial relationships on TV today tend to be presented absent any issues about the fact that they are interracial. Do you believe this is realistic? Finally, do you see the appearance of more white male/black female romantic pairing on entertainment venues as a validation of your own relationship?

this is no theory, this it truth, but this is getting redundant and perhaps you don't understand because it's not your plight.

As in all governments that have lasted for hundreds of years, their foundation connects to their existence no matter how long that government exist! So relationships today are formed based upon past relationships and what happened in the past. Even though Black women and girls were raped by the Slave Masters, it is a common truth that has been reported in so many aspects in regards to how many Black females began to view the White man and/or slave master in terms of getting a better life and escaping the hardships of slavery and such, and also having their lighter skinned offspring in hope as being viewed and treated better than the darker skinned presence in America during yes, even chattel slavery times as well s today! That is no conspiracy theory. This mindset affects us today in how many Black women regard White men. White Supremacy has been forced upon us in many ways and today's relationships are absolutely based upon the past. No, that is not a theory at all.

You may see 65 year couples that are Black women and White men and that have been married for over 40 years on a wide scale, but as of yet, I haven't seen NOT one! I'm sure there must be some, but statistically, it ain't happening now. So yes, it's too soon to believe these statistics right now.

I hate how some folk do mislead you here

no serious intents

a few make no sense at all

placating big time

New means and ways to cop out

popularity contests level politics

no mature black adult even watches that crap

too much is believed

do find out what the facts are too

fyi

I can think of quite a few that wouldn't find it cute at all.

A Black man basically serving up his daughter to a yt boy on a platter! What's so "cute" about it???
Serving his daughter to a [white] boy"? No, nothing could be farther from the truth.

All across the country high school kids attend their proms. Some have their own cars or rent a limo. Some, as in this commercial, will be driven to and from the prom by an attentive and loving parent. I thought the shy couple were absolutely adorable. Don't you remember your high school crushes? It's just puppy love. So sweet. So...cute...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back