Support : Media News RSS Feeds

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Dre Money, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Dre Money

Dre Money Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +143
    Hi. I have media news rss feeds. I can give you some if it will help you from having to worry about your members copy-n-pasting copyrighted material. For example, a member on my site made a Kim K Bogus wedding thread in the public forum. I have a another subforum that only consists of media news RSS feeds. To assist her thread I merged two kim k media news rss feed threads into her kim k thread.

Another thing about is that if a member posts in the media news subforum I can move the thread that they replied into one of the other regular member forums. This way the topic is already created by a news bot and the article that people are replying to is protected because it was generated by the site's own news feed.

Alright I know it might sound like it's a lot of work but it isn't if you only do a couple feeds then turn it off. What I do is I turn my feeds on sometimes once or twice a week then turn it off. The ones that don't get replied to or have alot of views I just go ahead and delete them.

This does not affect your Google ranking in a bad way btw, Google encourages it. If you delete threads it won't harm your ranking either. I've been doing this for a year now and I'm straight. Anyway just a suggestion. I don't expect you to do it but if your bored one day and feel like messing around with registered feeds option, I can show you some good feeds.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Ohhhhh Brother Dre Money ... you don't know me! ... :)

I'm gonna try to do everything you suggest! I think there's evidence on the table already ... i'm jes say'n ... :love:

Thank You!

Reading the above does sound like a lot, but i'm game and will get with you soon ... you're the BEST!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee