Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: African history The Lost Libraries of Timbuktu (full) .mp4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Individual Malian families kept their centuries, even millinia-old documents hidden, PROTECTED, even from whites during colonial times, taking them out and displaying them in libraries only when they thought they were safe from the ignorant and hateful. Then came the scummy Tuaregs... but that's another story. This documentary heritage of the continent is PRICELESS. I am proud to say DNA tracing indicates my direct ancestors came from Mali.

An indication of the glory and power of Timbuktu, MY ancestral capital in Mali, is that in the 1500's, the population was 100,000, twice as great as London at that time. Unlike the ignorant, unwashed hordes of London and the rest of Europe, however, 1/4 of the population, 25,000 people, were learned scholars creating the religious and scientific documents we marvel at today. That it was individual families who harbored the libraries underground and hidden during invasions and colonization is a clear indication of how highly education and learning were valued among our ancestors. Interestingly, along the Niger river during the middle ages, there was an urban area (city-sized settlements) with TWICE the population of Timbuktu and rivaled even the largest cities of Mesopotamia at its height. For centuries, they all lived PEACEFULLY, no war.

This is a fascinating film. I highly recommend it. Also, I recommend it for those who believe the EXTREMELY dark-skinned Tuaregs (24:17) are the 'whitish' people the news media would have us believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back