Health and Wellness : Meat Glue May Be Holding Your Steak Together!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

Meat Glue: It’s Everywhere, But We Don’t Know It

molecular-foie-gras1.jpg

A succulent slice of foie gras. Makes your mouth water? But that perfect round shape was produced with an enzyme called transglutaminase - meat glue.

The more I learn about meat glue, the more cheated I feel. Since there’s no law ensuring that I be informed, I could be absorbing blood-clotting enzyme without suspecting it. Transglutaminase is said to be used in meat, fish, poultry, dairy products, pasta, and bread.
A post on the Cooking Issues blog, which we quoted in our previous post about meat glue, seems to be the main information resource for the layman. Labels certainly aren’t telling.

Safety isn’t uppermost in consumer’s minds. The outrage which lead to meat glue being banned in the E.U. focused on paying premium prices for inferior foods. Yet how much of the blood-clotting enzyme gets into the bloodstream through the skin – a concern for food workers – or through the mucous membranes when we put glued food in our mouths? Nobody knows.

Meat glue is applied to all kinds of foods, not only meat, poultry and fish. It’s an agent appreciated by the dairy industry because it thickens yogurt and cheese at less cost. According to a study published by the Entrepreneur blog

A chill went through me as I watched the hour-long video. I saw, with rising disgust, a pale slab of chicken stock that flapped in Dufresne’s hand as if made of rubber. The audience, all sciences students, watched in rapt fascination. Nobody seemed to be thinking how unnatural it is to eat synthetically transformed food.

http://www.greenprophet.com/2011/03/meat-glue-is-everywhere/

Wow...this is eye opening. I don't eat red meat, but apparently this is inclusive of other meats...wow is all I can say!

Ok..with the recent postings by Clyde..I'm convinced we really need to go back to buying our meat and veggies from organic farms..I'm really re-evaluating where to shop at, seriously..wow!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Wow...this is eye opening. I don't eat red meat, but apparently this is inclusive of other meats...wow is all I can say!

........Yes my sister friend Proverbs31Woman, I'm speechless and feel cheated, and the same as this quote I just posted:

A chill went through me as I watched the hour-long video. I saw, with rising disgust, a pale slab of chicken stock that flapped in Dufresne’s hand as if made of rubber. The audience, all sciences students, watched in rapt fascination. Nobody seemed to be thinking how unnatural it is to eat synthetically transformed food.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Meat glue

The industry-wide secret butchers don't want you to know about: The special product called Meat Glue sticking your steak together.

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/8989315/consumer/meat-glue

Meat glue - Contains Blood Plasma...what Restaurants and Super Markets do not want you to know!

Thrombian is an enzyme that catalyzes covalent bonds between free amine groups and gamma-caroxminid groups of protein or peptide bond gluatamine. Basically, the enzyme enables food processors to stick various types of meat together - for example, imitation crab meat.

imitation-crab-featured.jpg

http://www.jw-archive.org/2011/04/meat-glue-contains-blood-plasmawhat.html

Why don't they just sell the (normal) scraps as they are? I'd buy them. Sometimes you might need them for flavoring a soup. Or maybe you'd add it to a dish for additional meat.

I'm convinced we really need to go back to buying our meat and veggies from organic farms..I'm really re-evaluating where to shop at, seriously..wow!

I couldn't agree more. I can live with them adding vegetables or soy to the meat but this is recklessly playing with people's health. I wonder what type of meat these "meat glue" people eat.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back