"Meat" eaters

African_Prince said:
I haven't watched the video. Vegetarianism is great for moral reasons but lean white meat and low fat dairy is good for you. The health benefit (vegetarians have) comes from giving up fried and fatty meats, not meat period.

Hotep Prince,

I’m thankful to the solar Goddess that this piece caught yor interest. Yu raise some excellent issues. Let’s first talk about “meat.” Most people neva sat down and attempted to define it. Let us give it a go according to a basic google search anyone can do:

1) the flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food

2) Meat is animal tissue (mainly muscle) used as food.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat

3)"Meat" means the part of the muscle of cattle, domesticated deer, sheep, swine, goats, horses, mules, other equines or other designated animals that is skeletal or that is found in the tongue, diaphragm, heart or esophagus, with or without the accompanying and overlying fat, and the portions of bone, skin, sinew, nerve and blood vessels that normally accompany the muscle tissue but does not include the muscle found in the lips, snout or ears. [1999, c. 771, §1 (new).]
janus.state.me.us/legis/statutes/22/title22sec2511.html

4) The flesh of animals used as food including the dressed flesh of cattle, swine, sheep or goats and other edible animals. The term does not include fish, poultry and wild game animals as specified under § 46.221(b) and (c) (relating to game animals).
www.pacode.com/secure/data/007/chapter46/s46.3.html

We see here what the common denominator is: the dead flesh of “animals.”

So now, let us deal with what animals are. This is an interesting task becuz most dictionaries do not “define” what an animal is less so than they are willing to “identify” a specific type of animal:

a) Birds, Insects, Fossils, etc.
www.bl.uk/catalogues/photographyinbooks/Glossary.asp

b) agouti, antbird, army ant, bush dog, bromeliad frog, capuchin monkey, capybara (or Tamandua), collared anteater, cecropia cricket, emerald tree boa, fig wasp, fruit bat, giant damselfly, giant otter, harpy eagle, jaguar, leaf-cutter ant, morpho butterfly, orchid bee, parasitic fly, red-faced spider, scarlet macaw, sloth moth, toucan, three-toed sloth
passporttoknowledge.com/scic/foodwebs/educators/trfoodwebgame.html

Or they attempt to define it but the definition is circular and sounds familiar to otha beings otha than “animals”:

c) Animals are a major group of organisms, classified as the kingdom Animalia or Metazoa. In general they are multi*cellular, responsive to their environment, and feed by consuming other organisms or parts of them. Their body plan becomes fixed as they develop, usually early on in their development as embryos, although some undergo a process of metamorphosis later on.

The word "animal" comes from the Latin word animal, of which animalia is the plural, and is derived from anima, meaning vital breath or soul. In everyday colloquial usage, the word usually refers to non-human animals. The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the Kingdom Animalia. Therefore, when the word "animal" is used in a biological context, humans are included.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals.

I argue that the reason for the difficulty in defining “animals” is becuz of the following reason:

1) Many ancient peoples have attached great importance to animals in their rituals; and they may have had facts to support their theories. If the hierarchical system of the universe is a reality, it follows that every animal is a feeble representative on its plane of comic potencies that descend from lofty sources. ...
www.theosociety.org/pasadena/etgloss/am-ani.htm

We deal now with the “low fat dairy” in yor query. Contrary to popular belief, the only time we are supposed to drink “milk” is when we suckle from the nipples of the Goddesses-when we are a child. “Animal’s” milk are for their own, not for us and vice versa. The so-called Cow (Goddess Hathor) has the necessary vitamins and minerals for her children (calves), not the children of otha beings. Taking this a step further, dogs' milk are for her puppies and the milk of cats are for kittens. This is true logically and medically. As far as medically, we can readily find how we, as Afrikans, are for the most part lactose intolerant.

Up to 80 percent of African Americans, 80 to 100 percent of American Indians, and 90 to 100 percent of Asian Americans are lactose intolerant…http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/lactoseintolerance/

Some of us can break thru that intolerance-level as our bodies are very adaptive and will eventaully give in to our insistence to hurt the temple if we keep trying. But our temples tell us when we drink that “milk” that we are not supposed to be drinking it. There is no such thing as “low fat dairy.” These are jus words to blind us to the actual unhealthy ingredients.

Finally, we deal with yor belief that:

The health benefit (vegetarians have) comes from giving up fried and fatty meats, not meat period.

This is a common and innocent assumption. Yes, fried and fatty “meats” are bad for yu. But so are boiled eggs, boiled brown rice and baked “fish.” Those things are not fried, assumed not to be fatty, but we see (and prove) they are bad for yu nonetheless.

Please let us go back to yor point concerning vegetarianism. Not eating meat is not about being a vegetarian; its about being in tuned with the highest level of spirituality. Vegetarinism is perhaps a euro created word and does not apply to those who have a “meatless” diet. We see , like yor Honor KWABENA has stated that:

It is not Afrikan to go out and kill life - then come back and put it in your Microwave Oven, and eat it up. Just imagine an army of Melaninated Brothas and Sistahs going out into the woods with Guns and Ammunition, then coming back home with the Blood of Dead Animals all over their bodies, because they slaughtered the Animals to death!

Now THAT is something that, rest assure, you will never see. Our God-consciousness and Afrikan Sprituality is too Powerful for such.

Eating right is directly synonymous with our level of spirituality and once we cease consuming the beings of the Goddesses and Gods, our level of spirituality will increase tenfold.

KWABENA said:
Prince - You mean to tell me that some of those Animals in that video being tortured and slaughtered to death are not also done for hue-man Consumption?

KM

When did I say that?

That video is disturbing. I'm sure they don't have to go to these lengths, the animals should be killed humanely. Even though I'm not a vegetarian, morally I understand where vegetarians are coming from. You can argue that eating meat is immoral and I understand (even if I'm hypocritical about it) but lean white meat can be a part of a healthy diet.I say this because many vegetarians exaggerate the unnaturality and health issues that come along with eating meat to promote their idealogy and this isn't true.

I'm thankful to the solar Goddess that this piece caught yor interest. Yu raise some excellent issues. Let’s first talk about “meat.” Most people neva sat down and attempted to define it. Let us give it a go according to a basic google search anyone can do:

1) the flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food

2) Meat is animal tissue (mainly muscle) used as food.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat

3)"Meat" means the part of the muscle of cattle, domesticated deer, sheep, swine, goats, horses, mules, other equines or other designated animals that is skeletal or that is found in the tongue, diaphragm, heart or esophagus, with or without the accompanying and overlying fat, and the portions of bone, skin, sinew, nerve and blood vessels that normally accompany the muscle tissue but does not include the muscle found in the lips, snout or ears. [1999, c. 771, §1 (new).]
janus.state.me.us/legis/statutes/22/title22sec2511.html

4) The flesh of animals used as food including the dressed flesh of cattle, swine, sheep or goats and other edible animals. The term does not include fish, poultry and wild game animals as specified under § 46.221(b) and (c) (relating to game animals).
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/00...r46/s46.3.html

We see here what the common denominator is: the dead flesh of “animals.”

So now, let us deal with what animals are. This is an interesting task becuz most dictionaries do not “define” what an animal is less so than they are willing to “identify” a specific type of animal:

a) Birds, Insects, Fossils, etc.
http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/photogra...s/Glossary.asp

b) agouti, antbird, army ant, bush dog, bromeliad frog, capuchin monkey, capybara (or Tamandua), collared anteater, cecropia cricket, emerald tree boa, fig wasp, fruit bat, giant damselfly, giant otter, harpy eagle, jaguar, leaf-cutter ant, morpho butterfly, orchid bee, parasitic fly, red-faced spider, scarlet macaw, sloth moth, toucan, three-toed sloth
passporttoknowledge.com/scic/foodwebs/educators/trfoodwebgame.html

Or they attempt to define it but the definition is circular and sounds familiar to otha beings otha than “animals”:

c) Animals are a major group of organisms, classified as the kingdom Animalia or Metazoa. In general they are multi*cellular, responsive to their environment, and feed by consuming other organisms or parts of them. Their body plan becomes fixed as they develop, usually early on in their development as embryos, although some undergo a process of metamorphosis later on.

The word "animal" comes from the Latin word animal, of which animalia is the plural, and is derived from anima, meaning vital breath or soul. In everyday colloquial usage, the word usually refers to non-human animals. The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the Kingdom Animalia. Therefore, when the word "animal" is used in a biological context, humans are included.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals.

I argue that the reason for the difficulty in defining “animals” is becuz of the following reason:

1) Many ancient peoples have attached great importance to animals in their rituals; and they may have had facts to support their theories. If the hierarchical system of the universe is a reality, it follows that every animal is a feeble representative on its plane of comic potencies that descend from lofty sources.

All this to define 'meat'?

Up to 80 percent of African Americans, 80 to 100 percent of American Indians, and 90 to 100 percent of Asian Americans are lactose intolerant…http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise...seintolerance/

Some of us can break thru that intolerance-level as our bodies are very adaptive and will eventaully give in to our insistence to hurt the temple if we keep trying. But our temples tell us when we drink that “milk” that we are not supposed to be drinking it. There is no such thing as “low fat dairy.” These are jus words to blind us to the actual unhealthy ingredients.

Humans were never 'supposed' to drink milk, cow or otherwise, beyond infancy but milk is still enriched with many vitamins and minerals that are vital to good health.

Skim and soy milk is a much healtheir alternative to whole cow milk.

This is a common and innocent assumption. Yes, fried and fatty “meats” are bad for yu. But so are boiled eggs, boiled brown rice and baked “fish.” Those things are not fried, assumed not to be fatty, but we see (and prove) they are bad for yu nonetheless.

I've never heard of boiled eggs, baked fish or boiled brown rice was bad for you.

I can't give up meat again, I was a vegan vegetarian for almost 3 years when I was younger. I think I'm going to give up red meat and giving up beef will be difficult enough. I'm trying to avoid junk food and every once in a while when I see a commercial of people eating pizza or cake and ice cream, the cravings start.

African_Prince said:
When did I say that?

That video is disturbing. I'm sure they don't have to go to these lengths, the animals should be killed humanely. Even though I'm not a vegetarian, morally I understand where vegetarians are coming from. You can argue that eating meat is immoral and I understand (even if I'm hypocritical about it) but lean white meat can be a part of a healthy diet.I say this because many vegetarians exaggerate the unnaturality and health issues that come along with eating meat to promote their idealogy and this isn't true.

All this to define 'meat'?

Humans were never 'supposed' to drink milk, cow or otherwise, beyond infancy but milk is still enriched with many vitamins and minerals that are vital to good health.

Skim and soy milk is a much healtheir alternative to whole cow milk.

I've never heard of boiled eggs, baked fish or boiled brown rice was bad for you.

I can't give up meat again, I was a vegan vegetarian for almost 3 years when I was younger. I think I'm going to give up red meat and giving up beef will be difficult enough. I'm trying to avoid junk food and every once in a while when I see a commercial of people eating pizza or cake and ice cream, the cravings start.

Prince, i feel yu, its hard to rid ourselves of the dead, fried-blood flesh of "animals."

when i wrote that boiled eggs, baked fish and brown rice was bad for our health, it was due to the egg coming from a chicken(which is a no eat) and the fish (which is a no eat) and the rice which increases yor acidic levels.

there's no such thing as skim and soy milk that is good for our bodies. that's hype and word play by the money makers. try water, cooked under the solar eye...all natural and the best liquid for the body. the Goddesses and Gods did not make soda and kool aid and "fortified" milk for us. this was man-made and thus unclean for our temples.

and i'm not tryna get yu to give up anything Prince. i'm here to share.

silent-ra said:
Prince, i feel yu, its hard to rid ourselves of the dead, fried-blood flesh of "animals."

when i wrote that boiled eggs, baked fish and brown rice was bad for our health, it was due to the egg coming from a chicken(which is a no eat) and the fish (which is a no eat) and the rice which increases yor acidic levels.

there's no such thing as skim and soy milk that is good for our bodies. that's hype and word play by the money makers. try water, cooked under the solar eye...all natural and the best liquid for the body. the Goddesses and Gods did not make soda and kool aid and "fortified" milk for us. this was man-made and thus unclean for our temples.

and i'm not tryna get yu to give up anything Prince. i'm here to share.

Can you back this up?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back