Black Spirituality Religion : Meaning of Karma

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by dattaswami1, May 13, 2008.

1. dattaswami1

dattaswami1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Meaning of Karma
    The word Karma means work in general but this word karma also means the work done for the sake of selfishness and his family members. The word Karma Yoga means the work done for the sake of the Lord. The word Vikarma means the work done in excess [for selfish gain alone] even after achieving the wealth required for the necessities of family (Karmanohyapi…). Therefore, Karma means the necessary work or duty done to acquire wealth for the basic needs for your family. Vikarma means not only earning excess wealth but also wasting the wealth in luxuries. Both these types of Vikarma are sin and should be avoided. When you sacrifice the excess wealth to the Lord, you must sacrifice it with fear and shyness [not with pride] because the entire creation is the wealth of the Lord (Kasyasvit Dhanam—The Veda). Even while sacrificing work to the mission of the Lord, you should know that the Lord alone supplies you the energy required to do the work. Therefore, you should not feel [proud] that you have served the Lord (Naivakinchit, Ahankara Vimudhatma, Brahmanyadhaya, Navadvare).

2. Yardlee

Yardlee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    For me, "Karma" is a word originating out of India, which people are subjugated to a caste system based on color and class to marginalize, oppress, and ostracize them based on "prior past life deeds."

I don't believe in karma and frankly I think it's completely horse ****! It's no different than the judiac-christian or islam's concept of sin.

Ninety percent of the world are underclass while the remaining 10% control the world's wealth and resources . . . please tell me how the laws of karma balanced in their favor?

3. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    when I use "karma"...

what I'm usually saying is .. "what goes around comes around... and around... and around again"...

insightful post!

4. dattaswami1

dattaswami1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    The inner meaning of the word 'Karma'

The inner meaning of the word 'Karma'

The Gita says that the meaning of the word Karma has very deep sense (Gahanaa Karmano Gatih). This world is called as creation. Creation means work like explanation etc. Karma means work. Therefore this world is a form of work only. Work is a form of energy. Energy is dynamism or action or work. Matter is energy. Heat, sound etc. are forms of energy. Therefore the world which consists of space, matter, light, heat, awareness etc. is essentially energy or work only. Space is a form of energy. Awareness is also a form of energy. Therefore all this creation is work only. Work needs the worker. The worker is God. God is the creator and creation is His work. This entire world is said to be the dance (work) of Shiva. This entire world is just a game (work) of God.

Therefore you should realize that any part of this creation is work or dance or game of God. The working material (matter) is also a form of His work only. The forces in this creation are again His works only. Thus you should realize that every part of His creation as the work of God and thus we should constantly remember God. When you see an object, the object is His work. The process of seeing is His work. The subject (yourself), who is also an object for others, is also work of God. If you analyse yourself, you can realize that you are entirely His work only. The matter of your body, working forces like heat, circulation force of blood etc. are also His works. Awareness is His work. The basic form of your awareness which is energy is also His work only. Knowledge is the work of intelligence. Devotion is the work of mind. Service is the work of your body. Sacrifice which is a process of leaving something is also a work.

Therefore whatever you understand is work and understanding itself is work. The word Karma is frequently repeated in the Gita. There is nothing like static condition. Even in a static stone, the molecules, atoms and subatomic particles are rotating, vibrating and spinning indicating essentially the work only. The Gita says that work should be found in static state (Akarmanichayah). The Gita also says that you should find no work in the work (karmanya karma yah pasyet). What does this mean? This means, you should not think that the work is the work of itself. You should find the worker who is doing the work. You should not think that the work is going on by itself. The work is done by somebody.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.***************************
    Universal Spirituality for World Peace
    antonyanil@***************************

5. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

TELL THAT TO THE "UNTOUCHABLES" IN INDIA(INDUS KUSH)!!!!!

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Heh, Karma. What karma? Okaaaaaayyyyyy....... I guess I've been in a perpetual spiral of bad karma and it will continue since I go to my caulderon.

Blackbird

7. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I KNEW THIS GIRL NAMED KARMA FROM D.C. , SHE WAS BANGIN!!!!!!!!!!

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    LOL..... I bet she was, bruh.

9. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

YOU KNOW BLACKBIRD. I KEPT GOING BACK AND BACK AND BACK LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hell to the NAW!!!! Blackbird and Darkside yall know yall aint' right LOL :qqb006: