Black People : McKinney called a Ghetto **** and Drag Queen by Boortz.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by I-khan, Apr 1, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    On the March 31 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio program, Neal Boortz said that Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) "looks like a ghetto ****." Boortz was commenting on a March 29 incident in which McKinney allegedly struck a police officer at a Capitol Hill security checkpoint. Boortz said that McKinney's "new hair-do" makes her look "like a ghetto ****," like "an explosion at a Brillo pad factory," like "Tina Turner peeing on an electric fence," and like "a shih tzu." McKinney is the first African-American woman elected to Congress from Georgia.

From the March 31 broadcast of Cox Radio Syndication's The Neal Boortz Show, with producer Belinda Skelton and talk radio host Royal Marshall:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603310005

------------------------------------------------------------------

Referring to Rep. Cynthia McKinney's (D-GA) March 29 altercation with a Capitol Police officer, Neal Boortz attacked McKinney's physical appearance on the March 31 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio program, stating, "I don't blame that cop for stopping her" because "it looked like a welfare drag queen was trying to sneak into the Longworth House Office Building." He added: "That haircut is ghetto trash." Boortz said he was "absolutely privileged and entitled" to make his comments, based not on his "white privilege," but on his "bald privilege," saying, "I've been enduring jokes about my lack of hair for years," so "I am privileged and entitled to say anything I want about anybody else's hairdo." Boortz then predicted, "Media Matters [for America] will pick up that one," and declared: "[T]hat's why I do things like that, just to give them something to write about." As Media Matters noted, earlier on his program, Boortz had said that McKinney "looks like a ghetto ****."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200604010003

2. Sweet_C

Sweet_C Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. He is so disgusting. At least Royal stood up for her.

I've seen her new hair and it looks really good, in my opinion. It is not crazy looking, it's just her natural hair. Sometimes she wears it in a traditional fro and sometimes she has a nice twistout.

I wonder how many black people agree with Boortz, because you know how some of us feel about our natural hair.

3. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    I would expect such a comment from a man who would not be able to stand up to a strong black woman.

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    mckenney called...

ignore the idiot and maybe he'll curl up and die,malcolm warned us over forty years ago,that no matter how well educated we are to the man we're still a[ni**er].

5. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +28
    What are we going to do about it?

Hotep

After being alerted of this out right "racist and total disrespect" of one of our best African in Amerikkka sister Cynthia McKinney...I am fileing a complaint to request this (white man) person be "Fired" off the air. http://www.cynthiaforcongress.com/
    Cynthia McKinney is the sister who brought up a investigation into the Bush administration into what was known before the Sep. 11th incident in New York. After doing this...the powers that be went out of there way to outs here from public office that she was elected to unlike the President who is selected by the Altra-Rich and "Not" the people choice. So white folks are still even "Mader" at her because she is re-elected right back and picked up ware she left off...standing up for the "Right-Thing". The so-called Jewish ADL or that is what they call their "Defence League"...would not allow any one to talk about one of their members and get away with it. Have we learn to decide and fight those who fight with us yet!? Are "We" so-called black men going to allow our women to continualy be disrespected and not do a single thing about it!? Every one aut to take the time to send in and support as much "Flack" from our community as we can make happen. It is time for us to put a stop to the White media thinking they can get away with any thing they choose espishly when it comes to "Us" and above all our woman!!
    People Know Thy Self

Ase`

Note: When the world see the black man disrespecting the black woman...no one will have respect for "Her and most of all (the black man) You"!!

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    As offensive as this is, is it really surprising that a white man would think this way about an ethnic hairstyle? What concerns me more are blacks that might share that same mindset.

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with how her hair looks.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=77991

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    we need a picture. :picture:

9. Sweet_C

Sweet_C Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
  10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    ok, based on the photos, her hair looks fine to me.
    boortz comments are just the rantings of a racist white devil.