Black People : McGreevey

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Smurfette, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Smurfette

Smurfette Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in New Jersey, and I just found out about an hour ago our Governor McGreevey is gay and had an gay sexual affair, and left office. How would this have an impact on you, if this happened in your state? I've discussed this many of times with my peers, and we (age group consisting of 17 and 18) all decided that sexual preference has nothing to do with him as a person. Personally me I dont care what his status is sexually, I think he has done so much for my state, and his sex life has nothing at all to do with him running New Jersey do you feel the same way?

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :wave: Hello Smurfette!

Welcome to Destee's!

I hope you are enjoying yourself here! If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask. So please make yourself at home. See what this community is about, but most of all enjoy yourself!!!

We also have wonderful Benefits if you decide to become a Premium Member! Below is a link where you can view the benefits of our Premium Membership.

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26882

It's Wonderful to have you in the family! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :wave: :luvv:

Support the community! Become A Premium Member Today!

3. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I wonder if the reason for him coming clean was only because someone was threatening to spill the beans for him? I hope today wasn't the first time his wife heard that he is gay.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Apparently "brothers" aren't the only ones on the DL! :jawdrop:

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    he could not have cared about his family to put them through this.

6. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I also live in Jersey. What exactly has he done for this state? I am glad his "atlernative" lifestyle has been exposed, since I feel that his mindset does influence policies and perspectives in this state as well as nationally.

7. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I'm inclined to agree with you Smurfette. However, when a scandal such as this, happens to someone in public office, for the "sake" of the party's "reputation" the elected official generally resigns. Some would never let him live this down, thus making it difficult for him to do his job. It wouldn't have been so bad, if he wasn't married, and with children. But seeing that he is, leads many to question his judgement. And also, the man he had the affair with, is supposedly pressing charges against him for sexual harrassment. Very difficult to hold office with something like that looming over your head. Glad you brought this subject up Smurfette.

8. Smurfette

Smurfette Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    McGreevey has done much for our state compared to Whitman, she ran our state to the bottom. McGreevey one thing I can say from expeirence is he really helped out the schools. The school I went to was in the suburbs, yet it was an alternative school, it was a shame that we the students had to take the books home and keep them there just so we can do our work, and sacrifice our other peers education just so we can get on We weren't getting any money to fund for our school. Teachers were pulling out of their own pockets just so we have some material to learn from. You wouldn't think a school like this was in the suburbs would you? Back to what I was saying, McGreevey hasn't done something for everyone in New Jersey, but to me he has done a lot. My peers that are still attending that school or are going to that schhol now have material they can work with. McGreevey gave money to New Jersey schools. Thats a whole lot to me.