Health and Wellness : McDonald's Has To Get Rid Of 10 Million Pounds Of Mighty Wings

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Wellness,

McDonald's Has To Get Rid Of 10 Million Pounds Of Mighty Wings

McDonald's_Has_To_Get_Rid-db96a373e840323b3e31c5a2d66711c7

William Wei / Business Insider
McDonald's has 10 million pounds of Mighty Wings it needs to sell soon.
The wings, which represent 20% of the chicken wings produced for a promotion, are in frozen storage, writes Julie Jargon at The Wall Street Journal.
McDonald's was "unable to sell enough," according to Jargon.
Earlier this year, CEO Don Thompson said that the chicken wings aren't the smash success it had hoped for.
While Mighty Wings apparently met internal targets, the item "was not strong enough to offset" weak sales trends, Thompson said on a conference call.
Here are some of the reasons they flopped.

highly suggested reading:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonalds-rid-10-million-pounds-155800642.html

McDonaldsWing_ipad_1387492928.jpg

In the Spirit of Wellness,

McDonald's Has To Get Rid Of 10 Million Pounds Of Mighty Wings

McDonald's_Has_To_Get_Rid-db96a373e840323b3e31c5a2d66711c7

William Wei / Business Insider
McDonald's has 10 million pounds of Mighty Wings it needs to sell soon.
The wings, which represent 20% of the chicken wings produced for a promotion, are in frozen storage, writes Julie Jargon at The Wall Street Journal.
McDonald's was "unable to sell enough," according to Jargon.
Earlier this year, CEO Don Thompson said that the chicken wings aren't the smash success it had hoped for.
While Mighty Wings apparently met internal targets, the item "was not strong enough to offset" weak sales trends, Thompson said on a conference call.
Here are some of the reasons they flopped.

highly suggested reading:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonalds-rid-10-million-pounds-155800642.html

McDonaldsWing_ipad_1387492928.jpg

I never knew Mac had started selling wings. Wasn't well promoted I guess. I must ask about this!

I never knew Mac had started selling wings. Wasn't well promoted I guess. I must ask about this!

I bought some.... ONCE. Like the article said, they were over-priced (waaaaayyyyy overpriced!), they were so small they did indeed look like chicken nuggets, 3 teeny-tiny wings for $4 and you don't even get 3 mouthsful of meat (nibbles, but not 'mouthfuls'). Not worth standing in line to purchase, not worth the price, and definitely not worth the taste or wait.

I bought some.... ONCE. Like the article said, they were over-priced (waaaaayyyyy overpriced!), they were so small they did indeed look like chicken nuggets, 3 teeny-tiny wings for $4 and you don't even get 3 mouthsful of meat (nibbles, but not 'mouthfuls'). Not worth standing in line to purchase, not worth the price, and definitely not worth the taste or wait.

Wow, I guess they should stick to burgers, huh;)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back