Black Money Business Jobs : McDonald’s Should Share Billions in Profits With Fast Food Workers: Labor Organizer

It's really not meant to be mean or insensitive. Sorry if it came off that way.

I just think that the working poor needs a new perspective on things or to be more blunt, a wake-up call.

And they need a new set of standards and expectations. With a lot of the working poor, especially those of color, the bar was set really low to begin with. And that's really a shame since there is so much untapped potential.

Then let's start with giving them a decent "
living wage."

It's really not meant to be mean or insensitive. Sorry if it came off that way.

I just think that the working poor needs a new perspective on things or to be more blunt, a wake-up call.

And they need a new set of standards and expectations. With a lot of the working poor, especially those of color, the bar was set really low to begin with. And that's really a shame since there is so much untapped potential.

Last edited:
In the Spirit of Inequality,

Higher minimum wage will create, not destroy, jobs: Policy group

4d7784a01996dd1d3b0f6a70670023b2.jpg

Protesting fast food workers fill a McDonald's restaurant on New York's Fifth Avenue, Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013.
Organizers say thous

A policy research group that earlier this year pressed for raising the federal minimum wage above $10 an hour is saying in an updated report that doing so would boost, not harm, job creation.

The Economic Policy Institute, regularly described as liberal- or left-leaning, says a Congressional bill to hike the federal minimum from the current $7.25 an hour to $10.10 deserves broad support because it would enhance the U.S. economy, which is still wounded following the 2008 financial crisis. The bill, the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2013, proposes lifting the minimum wage in three 95-cent increments to $10.10 an hour, with variable, inflation-based increases thereafter. The measure, introduced by two Democrats, U.S. Rep. George Miller of California and Sen. Tom Harkin of Iowa, would also raise the base wage for tipped employees.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-...ot-destroy--jobs--policy-group-180243245.html

I think it depends on the size of the companies that would be affected. In non profit management and barely make over $15 per hour when my monthly salary us broken down per hour. Most of our staff earns &14-15.50 per hour, part time. A wage increase to $15 would increase not only salary costs but payroll taxes as well. However, I support a wage increase on general principal. I just don't see how it would not affect job creation.

One more thing. It's not just youth employed in these sectors. For years it been an influx of older workers for many reasons. A lot of people were displaced due to the recession. The living wage issue is not a major one for many youth who are supplementing college financial aid and those living at home with their parents who most likely are struggling as well.

... right, right ... the demographics have changed in the fast food industry, all they desire is a decent living wage and the right to organize.

I think it depends on the size of the companies that would be affected. In non profit management and barely make over $15 per hour when my monthly salary us broken down per hour. Most of our staff earns &14-15.50 per hour, part time. A wage increase to $15 would increase not only salary costs but payroll taxes as well. However, I support a wage increase on general principal. I just don't see how it would not affect job creation.
One more thing. It's not just youth employed in these sectors. For years it been an influx of older workers for many reasons. A lot of people were displaced due to the recession. The living wage issue is not a major one for many youth who are supplementing college financial aid and those living at home with their parents who most likely are struggling as well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back