Black Money Business Jobs : McDonald’s Should Share Billions in Profits With Fast Food Workers: Labor Organizer

Until this democratic republic established capitalistic mind frame of a system is changed, nothing will really be changed. Say they go ahead and make $15/hr the minimum wage, do you think all else in this economy would stay stagnant as is? Think about it, really think about it. I do not think I have to spell it out.

Well, these folk just want decent wages, they wish to be able to pay their bills and such, they say 7.25 per hr. isn't enough ... I support them in their efforts.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. I support them, but this system will NEVER support them. That is my point.

Oh, okay ... Exactly, in fact, they wouldn't even be close to receiving fair wages if this strike had not been staged; yep!

Last edited:
Oh, okay ... Exactly, in fact, they wouldn't even be close to receiving fair wages if this strike had not of been staged; yep!

My point is whenever the "Mendoza Line" of wages get moved (in this system) all other things get moved, other wages, prices on goods and services, taxes, etc. The wealthy, business owners, and those in power will not give up much in profit no matter the inflation. Then you will have those that worked in the system to try to attain some foothold and get educated (which ain't cheap) to attain a relatively "decent" job realize that their entry level position wage is on par with someone who does not have to finish high school...

Think of the mess, things will adjust, they will just adjust in favor of the wealthy given the current system. I'm just being real here. It will always be more than raising minimum wage because if that happens, the cogs get moving elsewhere to keep things status quo. I do not know if I am being clear on how I am explaining this. I know what I am trying to say, but I don't know if the point is getting across. lol

My point is whenever the "Mendoza Line" of wages get moved (in this system) all other things get moved, other wages, prices on goods and services, taxes, etc. The wealthy, business owners, and those in power will not give up much in profit no matter the inflation. Then you will have those that worked in the system to try to attain some foothold and get educated (which ain't cheap) to attain a relatively "decent" job realize that their entry level position wage is on par with someone who does not have to finish high school...

Think of the mess, things will adjust, they will just adjust in favor of the wealthy given the current system. I'm just being real here. It will always be more than raising minimum wage because if that happens, the cogs get moving elsewhere to keep things status quo. I do not know if I am being clear on how I am explaining this. I know what I am trying to say, but I don't know if the point is getting across. lol

:rofl: @ mendoza line, good one ... Well, its been 3 years, since it was increased in 2009, and those increases you speak of need paying. Which makes this whole process, circular.

The last time the minimum wage went up was July 24, 2009. That's three years. During that time, the price of milk has increased more than 10 percent, public university tuition and fees have increased more than 15 percent, the price of gas has gone up by nearly 50 percent and the price of fuel oil by more than 50 percent.
The federal minimum wage is currently $7.25 an hour, making for a full-time annual income of $15,080; if the minimum wage had kept up with inflation since 1968, it would now be $10.55 an hour, for an annual income of $21,944. Workers in 19 states benefit from higher state minimum wages, with 10 states increasing the minimum wage along with inflation. Many pollsfind that raising the minimum wage is widely popular, and economists say that doing so would give 28 million workers a raise, not just those making $7.25 an hour but millions earning slightly more whose pay would be increased as companies adjusted their pay scales.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...ng-It-s-past-time-for-a-minimum-wage-increase

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back