Pan Africanism : Mbeki criticises US over Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Feb 22, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4286673.stm

2. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
  3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I've been impressed with many of Mbeki's actions of late: Criticising Western Countries over their racist policies & decisions, as well as, lending assistance to African nations in need.

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    The US responds

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4298121.stm

Any one who is aware of Bush's relationship with Obiang Nguema of Equatorial Guinea, would know how little the US cares about tyranny (so long as the tyrant freely gives of his country's resources). I never cease to be amazed at the hypocrisy of this country.

5. bienamor

bienamor Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Been a while but

As a person that does not live in the USA, I don't understand how people can hate their own country so much but still continue living there. Are you trying to bring about change, or hoping for your own county? What are you all trying to accomplish? :argue:

This is prevalent through a lot of threads, if you all hate it so much, why stay?

Hell we try to leave all the time, but then its mostly due to economics, not racism, and we will try anywhere! This is to stop all the questions about us and our problems, and no it's not to take advantage of rights that AA's have gotten for us in the US.

This is part of the reason I have stated before bring your tourist dollars down, but leave your politics at home. :yawn:

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

You're kidding aren't you? If your house has mice in it, do you need to leave abandon the house to fix the problem? Or do you get rid of the mice and stay?

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    No he isn't!

8. bienamor

bienamor Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Thats my question

What are you all doing to fix the problem? with mice you call the exterminator, Is this your idea with all the whites? Or do you try and change the perception? And a Pan says no Im not kidding, Im curious.

Because we know that the exterminator idea is not feasible. Not even here in a much smaller and much more mixed country. :welldone:

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm curious why you are curious about people who you don't connect to (and aren't a part of)? Why should we explain our issues, problems, and concerns with you? Worry about your own country, and stop concerning yourself with what we think & how we live!

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    the cockroach analogy is more relevant. you constantly spray, but they adapt to your chemicals. they breed very quickly, and mostly show their heads when lights are off. when you turn the lights on they scatter like cowards.

we are still here because we built this country! we dont need to leave the haters need to leave. :horse: the concept of america is a good thing, its just the wrong people are in power