Black Sports : Mayweather vs Gatti

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by oceolo, May 15, 2005.

1. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    June 25 Floyd Mayweather and Arturo Gatti will fight for one of the junior welterweight belts and the winner more than likely fight against the true champion of that division Kostya Tszyu. Mayweather vs Gatti isnt worth paying $50 dollars because Gatti isnt in the same class as Mayweather . Mayweather vs Tszyu would be a great matchup.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Some people think Gatti will destroy Mayweather...I believe Floyd will not only "upset" Gatti, he will make him look silly! Floyd's skills & Gatti's limitations are as such, that Arturo couldn't even touch Mayweather if Floyd doesn't want him to. I think Floyd will cut Gatti, thoroughly outbox him, and might even stop him in the latter rounds!

3. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    I think Gatti is completely out of his league in this fight.

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Gatti is definately out of his league with this fight. His recent popularity was mostly due to his 3 fights against "Irish" Mickey Ward (who was nothing more than a glorified clubfighter). Arturo Gatti has never beaten a top level fighter, and he will not beat Floyd Mayweather!

5. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I'd like to know who's on the undercard for this fight. I don't think it's worth $50 dollars either. Is it on ppv?

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    It will be a PPV, I wouldn't pay $50 either unless there is a terrific undercard.

7. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    As long as Floyd stays in his shoes and stays focused he should walk through Gatti..Gatti is a pretty tough guy but has no skills to speak of Floyd just can't let this break down into a inside fight..he has the skill to take care of this easily but he has to keep his head on right.....him and Tzu would be a good one....right now to me Tzu is the baddest 140 pounder walking..I'd like to see Zab get another crack at him along with Floyd and then we'll see...

MississippiRed

8. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    I believe Mayweather is the best boxer pound for pound . He could beat any welterweight out there.

9. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Oceolo I want to agree with you bruh but I saw Super handle him badly...now as a caveat to that I do think that if Floyd has his head together and is focused he's a hard man to deal with he just has so much natural ability and I don't think Zab could've done him in ...it's all up to Floyd man...he's the one that has to stay hungry...if not he'll get worked...as a side note it's good to have you in here bruh...there are not many folks anymore to talk boxing too ..only parttime fans and bandwagon jumpers for the most part..it was me and a couple other brothers in here at first talking boxing and I'm glad to see more and more boxing folks that know what they're talking about coming in ...

MississippiRed

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    You saw Zab Judah handle Floyd Mayweather? Where was that Red? Was it during sparing? Was it in the amatuers? They have never fought each professionally. In either case I think Judah has similar talent to Floyd. In fact when he 1st came on the scene many people where comparing him to Pernell Whitiker (with power). However he lost this classification after the loss to Tyszu, and his obvious lapses of concentration in the ring. Floyd has never had problems in the ring. The only thing I see doing Pretty Boy in is the trouble he gets into outside of boxing. For the record Zab Judah and Floyd Mayweather are extremely close friends (refer to each other as brothas from anotha motha). Both have stated they would never fight each other under any circumstances.