Black Sports : Mayweather vs Baldomir

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Monetary, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +232
    The fight between Mayweather and Baldomir is on HBP PPV on Nov. 4. Here is what Baldomir said about Mayweather.

Do you think Mayweather will stick and move? Or do you think he'll fight Baldomir toe to toe like he did with Chop Chop?

Since Mayweather is about business, I don't think that it's wise for him to prove anything to Baldomir by standing toe to toe with him. Baldomir is counting on that...hence, the quote. I think Mayweather should go in and make easy work of this cat...and let that be that.

Don't get me wrong. I think Mayweather has good defense and can handle his own in the phone booth. But, I don't think he should play around with this guy. Get in, hanlde his business, and get out. Mayweather said as much in his interview. I hope he sticks to that plan and not let his ego get the best of him.

2. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Let the head games commence......Baldomir is already trying to get inside Jr.'s skull ....dude is a vet.....he knows that he couldn't outbox Floyd on his best and Floyd's worst day so he's talking now trying to call Floyd's heart into question to get Jr. worked up to fight him toe to toe.....hopefully that won't happen.....I think Floyd is too smart for that he knows he can sit outside and work Baldomir with no problems but to stand there and trade with old boy for any amount of time won't be a good thing..Baldomir is a naturally bigger stronger man than Floyd and even though he's not the greatest technician he is accurate and decently powerful if nothing else......I see Floyd working , boxing and if they get to the later rounds when he's broken Baldomir down he'll work inside a little more but he knows Baldomir can be dangerous Floyd didn't get where he is being stupid.....

As a side have yall heard the rumor about Ouma v Jermaine Taylor in the works...I picked that up the other day and am wondering if anybody else has heard this.......

Red

3. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61

Yeah you know I saw that. Winky still dodging don't want a rematch so JT's going to fight Ouma Dec. 9....I feel bad for Ouma, he's even more taylor made than Mora!

Plus he's trying to move up to fight a dude who really could be a super middle or a lgt hvy?

Ouma KO'd by 6th round..

4. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

Kemetkind man.....I can't argue with you on this one....I still like Wink's style of fighting but I have to seriously question his heart behind this man......I'd have jumped at the chance for a rematch personally just knowing the kind of purse I'd make but oh well.....and yeah Ouma as much as I like to watch him through a million punches ain't ready for JT ....who is going to only get better the longer he trains at Kronk with Manny........I'm not sure Ouma is going to make it to the 6th....remember he stands right there in front of his opponent and throws .....and from the fights I've seen he ain't got the power to hurt Jermaine........KO at some point in the fight is the only way I see it...

Red

5. kemetkind

Ratings:
    +61

Man Bro Red I haven't been watching ANY boxing lately.

I try to stay up on the news from the web but I haven't seen a fight in a while.

On this fight, I think Floyd will handle Baldomir but it won't be "pretty." He'll be on a bicycle for 12 rounds and should score UD easily....but then what?

I wanna see PBF vs. mosely, ODH, or hatton...

Now if PBF goes in there and knocks Baldomir out then no more questions from me on lb 4 lb...Baldomir has a rock chin.

BTW did anyone see Calzahge calling out Winky and Tarver, saying both of them dodging him, after saying he would get arrested for "aggrevated assault" if he gave Lacey a rematch!

Somebody needs to deal with this pwood...quick!

6. kemetkind

Ratings:
    +61
    Floyd handled Baldomir but as predicted it was a lackluster fight.

Got to give PBF his propers for his skills as he made Baldomir look slooooowww.

What's this about mayweather crying in the presser and saying he's about to retire?

If the cat really does sit down it would be amazing...but I don't believe it.

This was one of the few fights were I didn't really enjoy manny's commentary AT ALL. He was joining in the fray with chump bernstein dogging floyd the whole fight.

He was even way off on his pre-fight prediction which is unusual.

I don't like pbf's style all that much but it seemed like manny was trying to say floyd isn't a great champion...didn't understand that at all.

Best part of the fight was the post fight interview when floyd lit up bernstein for asking his usual silly post-fight questions.

7. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Man I presonally enjoyed that fight......hell I just like watching Floyd dismantle folks ..........I lost a lot of respect for Manny while watching this fight .....but then again Manny in my opinion has some personal dislike for Floyd which is why he just refuses to give him any credit......especially when they were saying Floyd ought to just go ahead and take him out or stand and trade with him.......ridiculous.......why would Floyd go away from what he naturally and normally does to please the crowd or anyone else.....i.e. Bhop...same deal............It was funny how even though Manny knew Baldomir wouldn't have a chance to catch Floyd if he boxed but still pumped Baldomir up on the slim chance Floyd would stand there and trade with him like Gotti tried to do......

It's a shame Floyd hurt his hand again but that's gonna be pretty much his future with them fragile paws he got......

Floyd aint' retiring Kemet and if he does I'd be highly surprised.....

Now I'm waiting to see Ouma get crushed by JT and see how Ike Q deals with Wink.....I'm still hoping for that rematch though.....and as a side I really hope Klitshko gets dropped in his fight coming up.....just so Manny can shut up about how great a heavyweight he is....

Red

8. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +232
    I saw the fight with Floyd and Baldomir. Baldomir wanted to quit in the 3rd round. Big punk.

If Floyd hadn't hurt his hand, Baldomir would have been another Gatti in replay. He was wayyyyy to slow for Floyd. Floyd saw everything he was throwing at him. I believe Floyd would have knocked Baldomir out if he hadn't hurt his right hand.

And yes, Floyd said he would retire. Read the following article.

9. kemetkind

Ratings:
    +61
    I know floyd is fast, but Baldomir might have been too heavy...read somewhere he was happy he made weight.

I know he was a lot faster than that against Judah, and I don't think floyd is any faster than zab, so I think baldomir didn't come properly prepared.

If floyd gets 1 more and beats ODH it would have to be a real ugly fight. Potshot and bicycle....late era bhop style.

ODH's left hook would cause floyd some real problems if he tried anything else.

Red...On Ike Q, you think he has something for winky? Man - I don't think so. I don't know if Ike Q has the power to hurt winky through the gloves and his defense is mediocre from the fights I've seen. We shall see.

That JT - Ouma fight should be some ACTION...I like Ouma and all but his style seems a perfect fit for what JT needs to look good...I'm with you though, I wanna see Taylor/Wright II before it's too late.