Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
The fight between Mayweather and Baldomir is on HBP PPV on Nov. 4. Here is what Baldomir said about Mayweather.

Baldomir said:
My confidence comes with how much bigger I am than Mayweather. He's come up a few weight classes and I've been here. He's the most skilled opponent I've fought. He's really fast and doesn't just stand and trade with you like Gatti. He runs. Whenever he gets tapped, he runs. He doesn't have Gatti's heart.
Do you think Mayweather will stick and move? Or do you think he'll fight Baldomir toe to toe like he did with Chop Chop?

Since Mayweather is about business, I don't think that it's wise for him to prove anything to Baldomir by standing toe to toe with him. Baldomir is counting on that...hence, the quote. I think Mayweather should go in and make easy work of this cat...and let that be that.

Don't get me wrong. I think Mayweather has good defense and can handle his own in the phone booth. But, I don't think he should play around with this guy. Get in, hanlde his business, and get out. Mayweather said as much in his interview. I hope he sticks to that plan and not let his ego get the best of him.

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
Let the head games commence......Baldomir is already trying to get inside Jr.'s skull ....dude is a vet.....he knows that he couldn't outbox Floyd on his best and Floyd's worst day so he's talking now trying to call Floyd's heart into question to get Jr. worked up to fight him toe to toe.....hopefully that won't happen.....I think Floyd is too smart for that he knows he can sit outside and work Baldomir with no problems but to stand there and trade with old boy for any amount of time won't be a good thing..Baldomir is a naturally bigger stronger man than Floyd and even though he's not the greatest technician he is accurate and decently powerful if nothing else......I see Floyd working , boxing and if they get to the later rounds when he's broken Baldomir down he'll work inside a little more but he knows Baldomir can be dangerous Floyd didn't get where he is being stupid.....

As a side have yall heard the rumor about Ouma v Jermaine Taylor in the works...I picked that up the other day and am wondering if anybody else has heard this.......

Red

kemetkind

Oct 8, 2005
MississippiRed said:
Let the head games commence......Baldomir is already trying to get inside Jr.'s skull ....dude is a vet.....he knows that he couldn't outbox Floyd on his best and Floyd's worst day so he's talking now trying to call Floyd's heart into question to get Jr. worked up to fight him toe to toe.....hopefully that won't happen.....I think Floyd is too smart for that he knows he can sit outside and work Baldomir with no problems but to stand there and trade with old boy for any amount of time won't be a good thing..Baldomir is a naturally bigger stronger man than Floyd and even though he's not the greatest technician he is accurate and decently powerful if nothing else......I see Floyd working , boxing and if they get to the later rounds when he's broken Baldomir down he'll work inside a little more but he knows Baldomir can be dangerous Floyd didn't get where he is being stupid.....

As a side have yall heard the rumor about Ouma v Jermaine Taylor in the works...I picked that up the other day and am wondering if anybody else has heard this.......

Red

Yeah you know I saw that. Winky still dodging don't want a rematch so JT's going to fight Ouma Dec. 9....I feel bad for Ouma, he's even more taylor made than Mora!

Plus he's trying to move up to fight a dude who really could be a super middle or a lgt hvy?

Ouma KO'd by 6th round..

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
kemetkind said:
Yeah you know I saw that. Winky still dodging don't want a rematch so JT's going to fight Ouma Dec. 9....I feel bad for Ouma, he's even more taylor made than Mora!

Plus he's trying to move up to fight a dude who really could be a super middle or a lgt hvy?

Ouma KO'd by 6th round..

Kemetkind man.....I can't argue with you on this one....I still like Wink's style of fighting but I have to seriously question his heart behind this man......I'd have jumped at the chance for a rematch personally just knowing the kind of purse I'd make but oh well.....and yeah Ouma as much as I like to watch him through a million punches ain't ready for JT ....who is going to only get better the longer he trains at Kronk with Manny........I'm not sure Ouma is going to make it to the 6th....remember he stands right there in front of his opponent and throws .....and from the fights I've seen he ain't got the power to hurt Jermaine........KO at some point in the fight is the only way I see it...

Red

kemetkind

Oct 8, 2005
MississippiRed said:
Kemetkind man.....I can't argue with you on this one....I still like Wink's style of fighting but I have to seriously question his heart behind this man......I'd have jumped at the chance for a rematch personally just knowing the kind of purse I'd make but oh well.....and yeah Ouma as much as I like to watch him through a million punches ain't ready for JT ....who is going to only get better the longer he trains at Kronk with Manny........I'm not sure Ouma is going to make it to the 6th....remember he stands right there in front of his opponent and throws .....and from the fights I've seen he ain't got the power to hurt Jermaine........KO at some point in the fight is the only way I see it...

Red

Man Bro Red I haven't been watching ANY boxing lately.

I try to stay up on the news from the web but I haven't seen a fight in a while.

On this fight, I think Floyd will handle Baldomir but it won't be "pretty." He'll be on a bicycle for 12 rounds and should score UD easily....but then what?

I wanna see PBF vs. mosely, ODH, or hatton...

Now if PBF goes in there and knocks Baldomir out then no more questions from me on lb 4 lb...Baldomir has a rock chin.

BTW did anyone see Calzahge calling out Winky and Tarver, saying both of them dodging him, after saying he would get arrested for "aggrevated assault" if he gave Lacey a rematch!

Somebody needs to deal with this pwood...quick!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather stops Conor McGregor in 10th round as Irishman fades late Black Sports 9
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : floyd-mayweather-alllivesmatter Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Sports : Mayweather Says McGregor Fight 'Possible,' Pacquiao Rematch Discussed Black Sports 0
Kemetstry Black Sports : MAYWEATHER v PACQUIAO FIGHT SET 2???? Black Sports 27
shaka64 Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather walking on air training prepares for Maidana Black Sports 6
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Mayweather vs Cotto Black Sports 24
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Another unsong star stumbles (Floyd Mayweather Jr.) Black Sports 0
MsInterpret Black Sports : Mayweather vs. Ortiz Black Sports 32
Monetary Black Sports : UFC: Mayweather, Jr. UFC Bound Black Sports 9
Mad Skillz Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather vs Oscar De La Hoya Black Sports 11
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather Sr. wants $2M to train against his son Black Sports 4
Monetary Black Sports : Finally! The De La Hoya-Mayweather bout is official Black Sports 1
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather turns down $8 million to fight Margarito Black Sports 4
Monetary Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Claims to be Champ without Belt Black Sports 0
P Black Sports : Mayweather-Judah not dead! Black Sports 9
M Black Sports : Mayweather dominates Mitchell Black Sports 3
P Black Sports : Wright vs. Mayweather a Reality? Black Sports 7
P Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Vs. Arturo Gatti this saturday Black Sports 33
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather....too cocky? Black Sports 12
P Black Sports : Great Interview of Floyd Mayweather Black Sports 3
O Black Sports : Mayweather vs Gatti Black Sports 11
P Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Black Sports 3
kemetkind Black Sports : Anyone catch Baldomir v Gatti? Black Sports 10
Monetary Black Sports : ZAB JUDAH LOSES HIS WBC BELT CARLOS BALDOMIR Black Sports 2