Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Check this out....

Dan Rafael said:
Floyd Mayweather Jr. (33-0)
You gotta love his massive ego sometimes, because it can be so amusing. We watched, along with Zab Judah, as he got into a heavy duty verbal sparring session last week with Sugar Ray Leonard at the annual Boxing Writers Association of America awards dinner in which he quite seriously insisted he would have easily beaten Leonard had they met at welterweight.

I would have loved to have been there for that conversation. I bet it was like being at a family bbq in the backyard or at the park. :lol:

Radical Faith said:
Mayweather Jr better take a lesson from Roy Jones Jr. All boxers surcome to better boxers one day if the stay in the game. The higher the perch farther the fall.

I think age coupled with rapid weight gain & loss is what did Roy Jones in. Roy was always cocky, but he was never out of shape. Mayweather is never out of shape either, never has problems making weight....he doesn't have anything to fear in Gatti.

Radical Faith...I feel on this one. There's confidence and then there's this. It may have been said out of fun...in a joking manner by Mayweather. I don't know. I wasn't there. But, I wish I was there. A conversation like that between a bunch of Black men must of been lively.

I don't think Roy was focused in either of those fights where lost by knockouts. I really don't. I've never seen him so tentative. However, I do believe it's not over for him. I truly believe that he can make a comeback.

I don't know who would have been quicker. But, I do know that Mayweather hasn't been in the wars that Leonard has been in. Hence, the edge goes to Leonard.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back