Black People : Mayor Ray Nagin Indicted for Bribery and Laundering...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsVeraisblessed, Jan 18, 2013.

1. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    [​IMG]

NEW ORLEANS – Ray Nagin, former New Orleans mayor and the public face of the battered city in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, has been indicted by a grand jury on 21 federal corruption charges.

Nagin is accused of accepting free travel and vacation expenses for trips to Hawaii, Chicago, Las Vegas and Jamaica while in office and he is also accused of agreeing to waive tax penalties that the businessman owed to the city on a delinquent tax bill in 2006. And to add more,.. Prosecutors say Nagin, a Democrat, accepted monthly payoffs from Fradella totaling $112,250 after he left office.

Click here for more on this story...

I never thought i see the day i will see this. There are some people disappointed and there are some that are not shocked to see this. I just remember the day New Orleans was going through a terrible time and he was the one cussing and hollering at the media to get their behinds up and get some help down to Louisiana. I have a feeling he may barter his way through some of the other files but the IRS?...I don't think he'll be getting by them that easy..

What's your input on this?

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    wow

3. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426

You're actually surprised?

Hurricane Katrina?
    Meh.
    Govt incompetence ran from the bottom...up.

I've some kinfolk in La and I've always told them how ridiculous they were for putting that unprofessional person in office for a second time. The man had obvious faults, even then...but that part of my family is typical in that they're the typical sort of dumb black sheeple willing to rally behind anyone who shares their skin pigment.
    Regardless.
    (and, sometimes, 'in spite of everything else'.)

4. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    omg hurricane katrina man? awww sh**!!!!!!!

5. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    LOL....you know when i saw this in the news and on the web, i had called my family in La,.and told them about it.. They had already knew and saw this coming. They even told me they never liked the man in the first place and what he did during the katrina was fake. And told me it shouldnt surprise me at all. Them government folks are all snakes in the grass..