Black Poetry : Maybe

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Eric Mitchell, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Eric Mitchell

Eric Mitchell Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe all wars will end tomorrow. And maybe my high school sweetheart would never have said that she needed space. And maybe I would have continued traveling three hours each way on underground trains, from Bronx to Brooklyn and back, just to be near her. Maybe all wars will end tomorrow. And maybe Yolanda would have continued to confide in me about the pain of struggling with obesity. And maybe we would have continued to walk for miles every night, and talk about things that mattered in our lives. And maybe I would have never received a letter from her mother saying that she had died of an overdose. Maybe all wars will end tomorrow. And maybe Nick would never have bought that motorcycle, the one with the suped up engine. And maybe I would not have had to see him lying lifeless in the morgue, the friendly smile gone from his face. And maybe I would not have met his family with tears in my eyes, all of us mourning his loss. Maybe all wars will end tomorrow. And maybe Granny would not have fallen ill. And maybe when she told me she was proud of me I could have flown to her bedside and held her, and told her how much she means to me, and it is important to me that I make her proud. And maybe she would not have died days before my arrival, forever breaking my heart and causing me pain. Maybe all wars will end tomorrow. And maybe I can get a new heart. And maybe I can remember how to love. And maybe I can love again. And maybe I can love again. Anything is possible, maybe.

2. FINDLOVEINME

FINDLOVEINME Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    This was really deep and very sad. Somethings in life you can't change, only God can. Love is something that you can. I hope that your maybe will turn into, I will, I can and I am going to love again.

3. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    very well done...likes this scribe...

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    heart felt flow u expressed it so well very sadly pose'd

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Man, that was deep. Maybe is a loaded word. We spend long hours wonderinf what if.. you've captured that feeling beautifully.

6. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    keep droppin em... this hit that soft spot

7. SkinDeep

SkinDeep Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i liked this

8. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    Brother, Eric

My heart went out to you as I read this. It was beautifully painful, but needed to be written. I cannot erase your pain, but I can tell you, if you don't know already, how great a tool writing can be. Be at peace and know its all a part of HIS plan.

Much love,

Jazzy

9. who~is~she

who~is~she Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    ok...im gonna cry now.

painfull yet peacefull. tite drop.