Black People : Maybe this doesn't belong here...

Sapphdia

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 10, 2004
Outside of Philly, Pa
Occupation
Entrepreneur
but I'll put it here anyway! :) I wanted to introduce myself and share a little about me with the group. I'm Sapphdia or Sapph for short. I am a 26 year old African American woman from the suburbs near Philadelphia, PA. I own my own business selling candles, adult novelties, lingerie, and such. I even created my own website. Right now I am on a spirtual journey to get closer to God. Amazingly enough, it started after reading Iyanla Vanzant's Spirit of a Man. For those who haven't read it, she talks about discovering who you are and becoming closer to God. She talks about how God is within you and about how in order for situations within our lives to be better and to combat that which harms us, we need to give it to God. We need to have faith in God and in ourselves that those things that we want in life we can have, and that which is negative in our lives is as a result of the decisions we have made while we have toxins within us, while we are operating out of anger, fear, shame, guilt, selfishness, and so on. The book talks about being honest with ourselves and those around us. She says that in loving ourselves and learning who we are, forgiving, surrendering, atonement and acknowledgment, our minds and our hearts will come into alignment and our lives will come into balance.

This book has changed my life and since then I have been reading, praying, journaling, meditating, and being honest with myself and others. Through my spirtual journey I have discovered my purpose which is to teach, counsel, and share. I have learned that I have
the power within me to do what I want and that no one can hurt me. This past two weeks have been different for me. God has spoken through many different people to me about things that I am going through that I choose not to share. This may sound weird to some of you, but I can feel God every now and then within me like flickering flashes of light. When I feel that there is something I am supposed to do, I do it. When my spirit says go here, I have and each time, I am rewarded.

I was on google and I came across this site. I have been blessed to read the words of so many intelligent sisters and brothers including, but not limited to, Destee, Aquil, Mike Ramey, Amun-Ra, Mkhaya lo', Gary Booker, and Rich. Through your posts I have learned many things. God has spoken through you to me and those things that you have said make me stronger in my believe that God is real, I have a purpose, I CAN make a difference, and that there is unity amongst us as a people. Thank you all for being here and I look forward to the years to come where we all continue to share and learn from each other.

Saphdia or Saph...

I would like to be the first to welcome you to Destee.com. Kick your feet up, lay back, relax, and enjoy sharing here with us.

Are you the same Saphdia from Alize.com? If so, this is Monetary in Detroit. That was the first message board I socialized on when I came to the net.

If it is, hey, sweetheart. Welcome. You will love it here. Please do share for we all learn from each other. And do visit us in voice chat. That's where I hang out most of the time.

:D :grouphug:

Welcome Sapphdia

Sapphdia said:
I was on google and I came across this site. I have been blessed to read the words of so many intelligent sisters and brothers including, but not limited to, Destee, Aquil, Mike Ramey, Amun-Ra, Mkhaya lo', Gary Booker, and Rich. Through your posts I have learned many things. God has spoken through you to me and those things that you have said make me stronger in my believe that God is real, I have a purpose, I CAN make a difference, and that there is unity amongst us as a people. Thank you all for being here and I look forward to the years to come where we all continue to share and learn from each other.

Hi there Sapphdia and WELCOME! :wave:

You have posted your message in the right place. Thank you for your personal testimony and for recognizing how our brothers and sisters in the community have contributed to you feeling welcome here, because you are.

Our community is a virtual classroom and livingroom that is fun as well as educational. We're pleased that you're getting so much enjoyment and information here. We are thankful to all who contribute their voices and their wisdom with us. Each and every one of our members, and that now includes you, all help to make this a warm community.

We would love to have you join us in Voice Chat, particularly in "Sister Chat" on Tuesday evenings. Hopefully you have a mic and speakers, because we would love to hear you speak to us. Since you have your own business and website, you might want to add your information in the Website and Business Forum. That way our members can visit and see all the wonderful products you have to offer, as well as support one of our own.

We look forward to many more contributions from you and hope you continue to enjoy your time with us.

Peace :spinstar:

Sapphdia ... Welcome! Such a sweet entrance. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. We're glad that you found us and was encouraged by what you read. There are many here that you can gain enlightenment from, and give enlightenment to. So please, continue to read, post, and share.

I visited your web site and noticed that you sell "adult material." I'm wondering, does your spiritual journey to get closer to God, present any conflicts with what you do on your site? As i think of this, the link may have to be removed as we don't allow adult content sites to be promoted here (we have lots of teens in the Family).

Again Sister, thank you for joining us and continue to make yourself at home. We have Sister Chat every Tuesday night at 8 pm ET and much love and encouragement is found within that room. So do join us if you can.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Yes Sister Sapphdia, after browsing your site a little more, i did edit your post above, removing the link. I recognize that many seek the wares you sell and i wish you much success in your effort, truly. It's just that it is not appropriate for this community.

Thank you again Sister for joining and sharing.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back