Black People : Maya Angelou: BLACK FAMILY PLEDGE

Knowledge Seed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Because we have forgotten our ancestors, our children no longer give us honor.

Because we have lost the path our ancestors cleared, kneeling in perilous undergrowth, our children cannot find their way.

Because we have banished the God of our ancestors, our children can not pray.

Because the long wails of our ancestors have faded beyond our hearing, our children cannot hear us crying.

Because we have abandoned our wisdom of mothering and fathering, our befuddled children give birth to children they neither want nor understand.

Because we have forgotten how to love, the adversary is within our gates, and holds us up to the mirror of the world, shouting, Regard the loveless.

Therefore, we pledge to bind ourselves again to one another;
To embrace our lowliest,
To keep company with our loneliest,
To educate our illiterate,
To feed our starving,
To clothe our ragged,
To do all good things, knowing that we are more than keepers of our brothers and sisters. We are our brothers and sisters.

In honor of those who toiled and implored God with golden tongues, and in gratitude to the same God who brought us out of hopeless desolation,

We make this pledge

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Knowledge Seed;551170[SIZE="3" said:
]Maya Angelou: BLACK FAMILY PLEDGE[/SIZE]

Because we have forgotten our ancestors, our children no longer give us honor.

Because we have lost the path our ancestors cleared, kneeling in perilous undergrowth, our children cannot find their way.

Because we have banished the God of our ancestors, our children can not pray.

Because the long wails of our ancestors have faded beyond our hearing, our children cannot hear us crying.

Because we have abandoned our wisdom of mothering and fathering, our befuddled children give birth to children they neither want nor understand.

Because we have forgotten how to love, the adversary is within our gates, and holds us up to the mirror of the world, shouting, Regard the loveless.

Therefore, we pledge to bind ourselves again to one another;
To embrace our lowliest,
To keep company with our loneliest,
To educate our illiterate,
To feed our starving,
To clothe our ragged,
To do all good things, knowing that we are more than keepers of our brothers and sisters. We are our brothers and sisters.

In honor of those who toiled and implored God with golden tongues, and in gratitude to the same God who brought us out of hopeless desolation,

We make this pledge

Knowledge Seed,

I know how you feel, I have felt the same way, and here is what I have found, Son; you must conisder all elders that are perserved for participation in the journey. Maya speaks truth to power, and we must start somewhere dispensing that love, so, it starts right here and now at Destee.com for those that are willing. From there it grows and permeates society! Take this or leave this, it is that simple! Many are called few are chosen

a friend of mine saw this thread

and said Angelou is married to a white man
so how can she promote a black family pledge when she's not married to a black man :eek:oops:

is this true?

i don't know her family history

again i didn't say it my friend did

i'm just looking at her pledge

i appreciate it

we need all the help we can get

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

a friend of mine saw this thread

and said Angelou is married to a white man
so how can she promote a black family pledge when she's not married to a black man :eek:oops:

is this true?

i don't know her family history

again i didn't say it my friend did

i'm just looking at her pledge

i appreciate it

we need all the help we can get

Da Street So'ja,

As far as I know that aspect of her life is true, as it relates to the White Man. What is most appreciative however is the quick adjustment you make even if it is true, speak Brother!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back