Black Relationships : May/December Relationships

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Bootzey, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Okay this may seem like a odd question, but do you think that couples that have a wide age gap, no matter who is older... Do you think they can be friends as well as couples or is it just a sex/money arrangement.

I was noticing that older men use younger women as trophies and older women use younger men for sex. Can they be best friends? What would they possibly have in common?

Y'all's perspectives please... Especially the family that has lived this type of lifestyle. Examples would be enlightening.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    at 66 all females are younger than me.....

i have a lady friend who is 20 years younger than myself.
    we have been together for 25 years.

3. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Well, I dated both older man (20yrs) and younger (9yrs) than myself and I am still veryy good friends with both. Although in the beginning, they both offered me great joy and excitement, it just wasn't for me! We came from a different place of understanding out the gate! Kinda unspoken, No games were allowed! Ya know how you dont let someone younger than you run circles around you? The older man, in a fatherly way towards me. And for me it was almost motherly with the younger guy. In both cases, I did not need a father figure or play mommie, I already have two kids! Feel me? Even though it was not about sex or money with me, however, I can't complaine with either (sex wise)! Now the money, the older man was broke but very generous! The youngster had a good job but he was a cheap lil b**t**d! Go figure?? He was a single dad raising twin boyz,so he gets pass. I think that's what I really admired about him. Once all the glitter wore off, there was not much of a common thread between us. But like I said before we are still friends..

4. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    These are the points I was getting to. If these relationships are beneficial from the friend standpoint. I get men way older or way younger approaching me. I don't feel comfy with any of them because I don't feel like I can relate to either. Not looking for a father or a child. Though the sex and money is good depending. But that's not enough. I wanna be best friends and age together like old people who scurry around to drs appointments together holding hands. And married 60+ years.

5. free2b_me

Ratings:
    +10
    you just NEVER know with LOVE

Zactly, but it was an experience that I don't regret. I'm willing to try anything just about, in the name of love! I'm with someone now, same age! Yaaaa! I love it! And he is my bestest friend!

6. free2b_me

Ratings:
    +10
    Typical of an older gentleman

Its very typical of an older man to take a woman's youth away and not be decent enough to make an honest woman out of her! Come on James, 20 yrs and no marriage?!?!

7. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Another argument for not dating older men! And older men generally have children and grandchildren!!!! Naw shawty. I ain't trying to be a grandmother before I'm a Mommie.

8. free2b_me

Ratings:
    +10
    wait! i didnt mean ALL OLDER MEN

Yea let me clairfy that before somebody come up in hear talkin about I said ALL OLDER MEN. No, but there is a trend, ok and I have seen SOME cases where this is true! So don't turn my words around ok?

Thank you ;)

9. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Me neither. And I know that younger men can have children too. And I refuse to be referred to as a cougar. Plus when I build with younger men they have a talent for making me feel old. Not a good look Sun. I need someone who remembers the things I remember, not someone who will frown when I have, for example, memories of the times when you didn't own your own phone or doesn't know how to spell relief!

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    i am up front....

been there, done that. not going to happen again.
    the lady makes a choice to stay with me or not.

:SuN034: