Black People : Maxine Waters says; Abolish Derivatives!! (Makes sense)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Putney Swope, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    The Obama team says it will force the high rollers to back their derivatives with more capital, so that they will be less likely to implode. But the derivatives market is nominally valued at $592 trillion, about 12 times the value of all the goods and services produced per year on the planet Earth! It would require far, far more money than exists in the entire world to make the planet safe for derivatives. They must be abolished, before they implode again.
    Black California Congresswoman Maxine Waters has introduced legislation to do just that: ban credit-default swap derivatives. “Preventing all credit-default swaps is essential,” said Congresswoman Waters, “to bringing stability to the market and preventing a similar crisis in the future.”
    The crisis set off by derivatives has stripped African Americans of hundreds of billions of dollars in wealth – a catastrophe of historical proportions that has undone much of the economic progress of several generations. Congresswoman Waters’ bill, HR 3145 [4], has no co-sponsors, as yet. We shall see how the rest of the Congressional Black Caucus responds. This is a clear choice of doing what is necessary to protect Black America, or going along with Barack Obama and his Wall Street friends.

full article;
    http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=print/content/maxine-waters-vs-fatal-derivatives

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    We represent 12% of the population in this country and as such, we don't even have the right to mention anything about a black america. The reality is that we are more of an un-welcome virus that trying to adapt ourselves to a program that doesn't fit us....and we're paying the cost educationally, economically, politically, judicially and mentally.

3. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    And when the economic leveis break

Right here were Black folks live and can hardly afford an Amtrak ticket let alone a $1300.00 one way trip of repatriation, what do you suggest we should do to help the 60% of that 12% who will catch the hell, from what this siaster hads mentioned?

A computer can analyze anything but it cannot be creative and form solutions

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I had a three hour class tonight. Where was you at? Now you come in here asking questions to issues that I have already dealt with by presenting facts, history, our conditioning, cause and effect and our survival for the future. So I'm like, "where was you at?"

5. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    I asked a question in response to a post made

I just got here anyone can say they are a teacher but however I learn from everyone here, I don't think or feel anyone is more important then the other, except the respect due Destee and the moderators, so
    just asking a respones for a post,
    and not looking to get into folks ego issues1!!

Asante' Sana

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i would like to see derivatives eliminated and the markets brought under tighter control.
    however, since the fox is in charge of the hen house, i do not expect to see it happen.

7. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    Sure your right, we are now truly living in Mussolini's dream of the Fascist state

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    no, we are not....

if you knew anything about WWII, you would calm your rhetoric.

9. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    My apologies

I did not know that you were a moderator, my bad, so when it comes to rhetoric about WW 2 I will not make statements but leave a post like

this:From Wikipedia;
    "Mussolini pushed for government control of business: by 1935, Mussolini claimed that three quarters of Italian businesses were under state control. That same year, he issued several edicts to further control the economy, including forcing all banks, businesses, and private citizens to give up all their foreign-issued stocks and bonds to the Bank of Italy. In 1938, he also instituted wage and price controls."

This sounds alot like Geithner's present activities
    http://www.commondreams.org/vi ew/2009/04/06-10

"Futurism, a revolutionary cultural movement which would serve as a catalyst for Fascism, argued for "a school for physical courage and patriotism", as expressed by Filippo Tommaso Marinetti in 1919. Marinetti expressed his disdain for "the by now prehistoric and troglodyte Ancient Greek and Latin courses", arguing for their replacement with exercise modelled on those of the Arditi soldiers "

Alot like the Mandatory Service Bill
    www.infowars.com/mandatory-ser vice-bill-lives-on

"In foreign policy, Mussolini soon shifted from the pacifist anti-imperialism of his lead-up to power to an extreme form of aggressive nationalism. He dreamt of making Italy a nation that was "great, respected and feared" throughout Europe, and indeed the world. "

Alot like the surge in Afghanistan and the Bush like additional war funding
    http://www.commondreams.org/vi ew/2009/04/04-7
    http://www.commondreams.org/he adline/2009/04/09-0

So that the members can make their own conclusions from the researchable and verifiable evidence in this matter

10. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    This Brother Putney right here is on fire, man...

Keep it clean, but keep it up!

From one Brother to the next.

One.

- Ikoro