Black People : Maury: Who's the Father?

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
*Advance warning that this isn't going to be one of my most intellectual post*

I am on semi-vacation until summer school starts (Thursday), and had the "honor" of watching a Maury paternity test show. What little I watched yesterday had 2 women (a Black woman & a Latina) drag 3 guys between them onto the show. In both cases none of the named men proved to be the father (although the women swore they had been with no one else before the test results came back). In the case of the Latina she actually laughed after the results were read, and said the man she named wouldn't have been a good father anyway (even though 5 minutes earlier she said he was the only one, and she loved him). The entire time I watched this episode I thought...poor children, what type of parents are our youth being born too? What will these kids think of their mothers when they watch this show 15-20 years from now? :devil:

The same topic was on today. This time a white girl brought a black man on the show to prove he was the father of her bi-racial child. Once again the woman swore that he was the only one, only to have the test results come back to reveal the man wasn't the father.

In two other cases, the men being brought on the show were proven to be the fathers. However they wanted nothing to do with their children, and the women celebrated (despite the reality of having to raise children by themselves). I rarely watch shows like this, nor do I usually place much importance in them. However I couldn't help but think this is an example of how far our values have fallen in society.

You are right, Pan. I have watched these shows, the paternity ones, on occassion. I have watched them with my 12 year old daughter and nieces, (same age group, 12, 13, 15), because I saw them watching one day and laughing. So I talked to them in a real way, explaining the difference between being a young lady and a loose woman in the street. I didn't use the word whore, but they knew what I meant. There is nothing sadder than watching a young girl curse some guy out on national television, swearing, as you said, that he was the ONLY, to find him excluded beyond shadow of doubt. One show, this Latina girl had 9 guys tested in total, one of which was deceased, so they used his family DNA. All of these men were excluded. The worst part of her case, was that 2 children were involved and she didn't know the father of either. This is not cute, regardless of the race of the woman. I cannot see, understand or fathom not knowing who your child's father is, barring you being raped. But a person of sound mind and judgement, my goodness, use some protection. Not just because of pregnancy, but because of disease. :spank:

Morals are gone these days......

jazzymoonchild said:
One show, this Latina girl had 9 guys tested in total, one of which was deceased, so they used his family DNA. All of these men were excluded. The worst part of her case, was that 2 children were involved and she didn't know the father of either. This is not cute, regardless of the race of the woman. I cannot see, understand or fathom not knowing who your child's father is, barring you being raped. But a person of sound mind and judgement, my goodness, use some protection. Not just because of pregnancy, but because of disease.

Nine different men?? Nine different men, and none were the father? She should be ashamed...I am ashamed for her. I don't know what is wrong with folks nowadays...it isn't cute for men to be having babies all over the place, without providing for him. It also isn't cute for women to be laying down with any man without protection, and getting pregnant by dudes they hardly know.

EXACTLY!!! I think what has happened, no, what HAS happened, is that people have decided that sex is a recreational sport. That is fine, if that's your thing, just protect yourself. To be raggedy and sloppy like this, having thousands of children not know who their other self is, is criminal. There are many single parent households where the child/children thrive. We all know this. But there are so many more who don't. What you also have is the possibility of hooking up with siblings from your absent parent, that you never knew existed. That has happened as well. I have a friend who is raising his 5 year old daughter because 3 years ago, the mother walked and left him and the baby. She doesn't contact them at all. He only found out where she was because the child support people found her. So when she does decide to work, he gets support. That's sad, but I have the utmost respect for him for stepping in and doing what needs to be done. That Latina woman decided after the 9th not to pursue it anymore, but Maury told her that if she changed her mind, they would help her. I pray that she has changed her ways and won't have a third child. The guys she slept with all knew each other, from the neighborhoods and reputations, and they were on stage hugging and congratulating each other, giving palms, all that. She was in the back of the stage, crying and hysterical. How embarrassing is that? That is what I wanted my daughter and nieces to see. That if you conduct yourself in this fashion, be prepared for this kind of thing. The same boy/man, kissing on you, could be the same one calling you out your name if a baby pops up.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back