Black Sports : Maurice Clarett

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by SayWord, Sep 23, 2003.

1. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    He's about to sue the NFL so he can get in early. There is a lot of talk about him actually winning. Personally, I think he should lose. For a long time I watched the talent level in other professional sports decline. The NFL is the onl pro sport in my opinion that has steadily give us a quality product. The NBA lets teenagers in before they are ready and it ruins the game. MLB has farm teams that don't develope younger players the way they use to. I don't think Yong kids should get into the NFL. They are not mature enough. Physically or emotionally. If Maurice wins, there could be a flood of under developed talent knocking down the NFLs door. What I enjoy about the NFL is that everyone in the league belongs there. Unlike the NBA that has a ton of players who aren't ready to play and all they do is take up space that could be better used. What do you think?

2. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    well he lives in my town...
    from my town...
    i dont think he will win...if he do GOD bless him
    have you been followin the story...

3. SayWord

Ratings:
    +3
    I've been following the story. And from what I'm reading in the newspaper and watching on SportsCenter, it looks like he might win. And that might ruin pro football.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    so true it's not like it use to be when the NBA first started taking
    in young player from high school only a few made it but the talent
    these guys had was pure it was only a hand full if that many back then , i wish the brutha all the luck but you are right younger football players truely not ready for the big league mentally nor physically and should continue their schooling first but now day it's all about the bucks $$$$ that's destroying many futures
    i agree with you here . If we recap the history up until today it's clear that sports has turn in a direction that allow our youth to enter the men game here is where some do run into the thing call failure but with good guiding they can bounce back .....
    But what about the one's who don't and left school early to become a mega millionair and fell short ...This when their struggles come to play and if no one their to pick them up being so young they just fall to other bad deeds ....I love to hear others point of view .

5. MzBlkAngel

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    i guess since i live here...
    and everyone is talkin about
    i dont see it happen then if it do
    i hope he do make it but here
    they dont see him stayin once
    he do get in at this age...
    for the inside things that
    have not been on the news...
    not tryin to bad mouth him
    just pray for him....somethings the media left out...

6. SayWord

Ratings:
    +3
    I like him as a football player. I've been a big Ohio St. fan since Eddie George and Ricky Duley an dShawn Springs and Terry Glenn. Me an Ohio St. go way back. I just think what Maurice is doing has the potential to mess the NFL up. There is no doubt in my mind he'll one day make a good NFL player. But hm winning this suit just opens the door for under developed players to enter the League. I don't think he's ready now. I think he has amazing potential, but he's not physically mature enough to take a hit by the likes of Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Bill Romnowski, John Lynch, Rod Woodson. The list goes on and on. Not to mention learning the playbook. The NFL game is so much faster and much more physical than on the college level. If he's taking hits from college players and catching stingers, he might lose a shoulder if he took a hit from a NFL player.

7. MzBlkAngel

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    maybe so...but i do back him in his game boy is good been playin since he was little.....but only time will tell and hey he might can handle it..
    it is his life dream to play in the NFL
    so let time take him as we watch....

8. SayWord

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not saying he shouldn't live hsi dream. But him winning could bring down the standard of what we enjoy watching. Like I said before, other leagues have had this happen to them. The NBA game has suffered because there is too much under developed talent. MLB has suffered cause farm systems don't develop players the way they should. The NFL entry rule is there for a reason. If more underclassmen enter the NFL the game is going to suffer.

9. MzBlkAngel

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    i understand what you are sayin...
    dont have a problem with it...
    he wants to be a leader in opening up doors for other talented young football players, advisor Jim Brown says...
    i think he should wait his time...
    he do need to develop meantally and physically
    no doubt...but at the same time who says he cant handle it now...
    this is his callin from little league to jr high to high school
    i have watch him i know what he can do...
    its funny coz i just got into football like this...i am still learnin as well....lol so if i over step let me know..ok

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    it his dream true and if he make it God bless him
    i to wish the best for him .....but the knowledge is very needed
    as well there is a life after football .....How do his family feel about him making this jump passing up schooling ??