Black Spirituality Religion : Matthew 22:24; What does this say to you about Judeo-Christianity?

its not a question of handling things - its simply a question of logic - and it has nothin to do with condemimg anyone - all any of us can do really is give you opinons based on what other have told us - very few of us have studied the bible to the extent others have - we rely on pastors and ministers to decide these finer points - we arent scholars who can argue back and forth on the meaning of each and every scripture - so just like we rely on a judge givin us directions if we have to be jurors rather than attending law school for several years first we rely on others to explain the scriptures

And in the Bible, Jesus said this about the scribes and Pharisees who were guides of the people:

Matthew 23:16
Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Matthew 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

And, he said this about the blind leading the blind:

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Luke 6:39
And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

Just because someone is in front of us with letters doesn't mean that we should trust them. I don't trust all scholars because I know that MOST of them are blind leaders.
Wouldn't it be more intelligent to read the Word and make a study of it on our own praying to God, believing, that He guide us in our study, as opposed to BLINDLY following another person?

Peace & Brotherly Love,
Bro. Williams

PS: Do you not want to answer the question about would you find it objectionable if the shoe were on the other foot? If you don't want to answer the question, how come you don't want to answer lol?

so your assumin most of the present day pastors and ministers are the exact modern day equivlent of the scribes and pharisees rather than men called by god to spread his word and look after his flock - that seems a pretty damming inditement - is the same true of the teachers of other religions to - are the teachers of islam mostly false teachers leadin there people astray to??? plus if this was the case was there really any point in jesus choosing disciples???

do you trust anyone??? have you studied science to degree level in all the disciplins to check what scientists say is right - have you become a doctor of law to check that what judges say is right - have you become an expert on archeology to determine that what people say of our origin is right? at some point we have to put a lil faith in someone or were gonna starve to death sat reading a never endin mountain of books - most people have to work darn long hours to make ends meet - then get home cook for the family - look after there kids and all that - they dont have the time to study everything to perfection - this is even assumin there bright enough to do the studyin anyways

"So you do find it objectionable if the shoe were on the other foot that your sister would be commanded to marry your husband after you die and have children with him?" Would you find it objectionable if the shoe were on the other foot?

i thought id already answered that one a while back - no i wouldnt be comfortable with that situation - but.... since we dont apply that law any longer its basically never going to come up - some laws are of a time and thats one of them - same as how i can now eat a bacon sandwich but back in old testament times i couldnt

would you be comfortable if you were muslim man if your sister was executed for apostasy??? or if she was punished for being raped - now you may well say these things arent actually in the koran - i have no idea if they are or arent - but muslims applying shariah law have given out such sentences

so your assumin most of the present day pastors and ministers are the exact modern day equivlent of the scribes and pharisees rather than men called by god to spread his word and look after his flock - that seems a pretty damming inditement - is the same true of the teachers of other religions to - are the teachers of islam mostly false teachers leadin there people astray to??? plus if this was the case was there really any point in jesus choosing disciples???

do you trust anyone??? have you studied science to degree level in all the disciplins to check what scientists say is right - have you become a doctor of law to check that what judges say is right - have you become an expert on archeology to determine that what people say of our origin is right? at some point we have to put a lil faith in someone or were gonna starve to death sat reading a never endin mountain of books - most people have to work darn long hours to make ends meet - then get home cook for the family - look after there kids and all that - they dont have the time to study everything to perfection - this is even assumin there bright enough to do the studyin anyways

"So you do find it objectionable if the shoe were on the other foot that your sister would be commanded to marry your husband after you die and have children with him?" Would you find it objectionable if the shoe were on the other foot?

i thought id already answered that one a while back - no i wouldnt be comfortable with that situation - but.... since we dont apply that law any longer its basically never going to come up - some laws are of a time and thats one of them - same as how i can now eat a bacon sandwich but back in old testament times i couldnt

would you be comfortable if you were muslim man if your sister was executed for apostasy??? or if she was punished for being raped - now you may well say these things arent actually in the koran - i have no idea if they are or arent - but muslims applying shariah law have given out such sentences

Peace Sis. Dreya,

I'm not assuming anything about the scholarship of Christians today, and these verses from the Bible prove that:

"(10)Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. (11)For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. (12)Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. (13)Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?" 1 Cor. 1:10-13

THE DIVISION AND DIFFERENCES AMONG CHRISTIANS, WHICH GOES AGAINST THE BIBLE, IS A TESTIMONY AGAINST THE SCHOLARSHIP OF TODAY'S CHRISTIANS!

Orthodox Islam is no different. They are divided into sects and sectarianism GOES AGAINST the Holy Qur'an (Holy Qur'an 30:31-32; 3:105) so I wouldn't pay two cents for all of the scholarship of the Orthodox Muslim world! And, I wouldn't pay any attention to the scholarship of anyone in any profession whose WORKS go AGAINST a "Sacred" text; I'm not quite sure that you have created a true parallel there.

As for your other questions, Jesus did not change ALL of the laws, just a FEW of them. He said in Matt. 5:17-19 that he did NOT come to destroy the law (so the law is NOT destroyed by him) and he said in Matt. 5:17-19 that whoever does ALL of the commandments is "great."

I asked you, what about if it were two sisters (one of whom being you) instead of two brothers, so actually that was a different question. And even if it is the Old Testament, THE COMMAND CAME FROM THE SAME GOD, THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN GOD, WHO DOES NOT CHANGE (Malachi 3:6,) so what do you think of your God giving a command like that?

And lastly, I believe that like Prophet Muhammad, his community has DEVIATED from his path. I don't know what is really happening in the Orthodox Muslim world; I HAVE CAUGHT THE AMERICAN MEDIA IN LIES and there is no reason to trust the Western media to tell the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth about the Orthodox Muslim world. But I believe that Prophet Muhammad's ummah (community) is OFF OF his path as their sectarianism PROVES.

Peace.
Bro. Williams

just where on earth did you see me say he changed ALL the laws....

again since you - by your methodology of discorse - seem to know everything the koran and bible say about everything and are able to interpret there true meanings with perfection what is the point of asking us - you are not learning anything in these threads - "I wouldn't pay two cents for all of the scholarship of the Orthodox Muslim world!" - then why pay the net bill to discus it with non scholars - it really would be the same as me wandering round the streets near here asking random people questions about the higgs boson - i would be wasting my time more than likely

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back