Black Spirituality Religion : Matthew 22:24; What does this say to you about Judeo-Christianity?

nope it aint incest - she was only a relation by marriage - remeber the marriage vows - you promise till death do us part.... well death has parted them so now the brother is no relation of his 'former' sister in law at all

Lol you can get married with other vows besides the traditional vows (not that those vows were always the traditional vows.)

So you're saying that if the shoe were on the other foot and God allegedly commanded that if a wife dies not having any children with her husband, her sister should start having children with her husband and marry him, you're saying you would see nothing wrong with a command like that lol?

theres a whole heap of difference between something not bein incest and somethin being desirable - but then luckily i dont live back in old testament times and i aint jewish - as i said in another post this law was already goin out of fashion in jesuss time

Lol actually my beloved Sister, Jesus said this about doing the law:

"(17)Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (18)For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (19)Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Here Jesus says that people who do and teach the law are "great."

you cant just pluck that scripture out of context - jesuss words need to be seen in the wider context of the occasion there spoken otherwise its impossible to interpret what he is meaning by the law - the law he is referring to may well not be the whole list of every single rule the jews followed - he might well be referring back to the ten commandments - consider in luke 13 where jesus heals on the sabbath - is he or isnt he breaking the old testament law regarding working on the sabbath? if by all appearance he is then one can assume by 'the Law' he wasnt including this as part of it

you cant just pluck that scripture out of context - jesuss words need to be seen in the wider context of the occasion there spoken otherwise its impossible to interpret what he is meaning by the law - the law he is referring to may well not be the whole list of every single rule the jews followed - he might well be referring back to the ten commandments - consider in luke 13 where jesus heals on the sabbath - is he or isnt he breaking the old testament law regarding working on the sabbath? if by all appearance he is then one can assume by 'the Law' he wasnt including this as part of it

Well beloved lol, I read ("read" that rhymes with "red") the Scripture and nothing in the context says that he meant some particular laws and not all of them; he meant all of the law in Matt. 5:17-19 and I defy anyone to show otherwise.

Jesus did say that he is the Lord of the Sabbath, and he acknowledged as acceptable David's breaking the law when he was hungry, but Jesus still said that he who does ALL of the law is "great." And all of the law includes Deut. 25:5-7:

"(5)If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her. (6)And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel. (7)And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother."

So you do find it objectionable if the shoe were on the other foot and your sister was commanded to marry your husband after you die and have children with him?

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back