Black Spirituality Religion : Matthew 22:24; What does this say to you about Judeo-Christianity?

Peace Sis. Dreya,

Does it sound weird to you in any way that God would command that a man marry the widow of his brother and have children with her?

it is a bit weird but then lots of those old jewish laws were weird - from what i remember this law was pretty much obsolete even by jesuses time - i guess it must have had some benefit at the time - probably to do with keepin the bros wealth in the family or something

it is a bit weird but then lots of those old jewish laws were weird - from what i remember this law was pretty much obsolete even by jesuses time - i guess it must have had some benefit at the time - probably to do with keepin the bros wealth in the family or something

I understand today that there are Jews who still follow the Torah, which would include Deut. 25:5-7. Since Jesus acknowledged Deut. 25:5-7 in Matt. 22:24 & said of the law:

"(17)Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (18)For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (19)Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

In Matt. 5:19, Jesus says that doing the law makes one great in the kingdom of heaven.

So if some Jews still follow Deut. 25:5-7, and Jesus said in Matt. 5:19 that doing the law makes one great, does it say anything else to you about Judeo-Christianity that God allegedly commanded men to marry their brother's widow and have children with her?

Peace & Brotherly Love,
Bro. Williams

well first off you need to decide if the law was dictated from god or inspired by god - cuz theres a whole lot of difference between the two - and if no changes to the laws were ever sposed to be made how come im allowed to eat bacon burgers - some laws are of a time i think and others go on

Peace Sis. Dreya,

Jesus did change some of the laws, but he still said that he who does all of the laws is "great." So to me, when Jesus acknowledged Deut. 25:5-7, he gave credence to that law.

If there are Jews who still follow the Torah (Duet. 25:5-7,) what does that say to you about Judaism?

Peace Sis. Dreya,

Jesus did change some of the laws, but he still said that he who does all of the laws is "great." So to me, when Jesus acknowledged Deut. 25:5-7, he gave credence to that law.

If there are Jews who still follow the Torah (Duet. 25:5-7,) what does that say to you about Judaism?

well to be honest i dont know diddly sqaut about judaism part from the fact that they dont believe jesus was the messiah - sure theres some verses somewhere say something about you dont get to heaven through good deeds just through faith - so might be all well and good them following some of those old rules but while they were doing that they seemed to miss the bigger picture

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back