Matriarchy

Respect

Usually 'roles' translate into women being treated as inferior, and men being put on a pedastal.

Yes but even if the roles aren't clearly defined like here in the West, you still have problems.

Through out America right now many if not most women are treated like sex objects and are often forced into prostitution or sexually harassed on the job and almost forced into certain thing just to make a living.

In the so-called liberated West most women I know have been sexually abused and have a negative opinion of most men (not all) anyway, so there must be another solution.

There are obviously physical differences between men and women that need to be recognized. Women can't lift heavy things and men can't give birth. Intellectually and emotionally though both genders are the same and should not be held back because of a stereotypical 'role.'

Intellectually yes...emotional...no way....

Come on Karm, you know the average man and woman ain't the same emotionally.

Women by nature are much more emotional and sensative than men.

You can insult the average man all day on his hair cut or how he dresses and he'll go out and get a sandwich not thinking twice about it; you do that with the average woman and she's liable to spend the rest of the day in the mirror or on the toilet crying and remembering every embarrasing moment she ever had in her life. :oops:

Sun Ship said:
One problem with this discussion is that we are caught up in the dialectical play on ideas and words, that European idealism is good for, the so-called “either/or” or “Black and white” of all things. Imperialism is in the language and ideas as well as in the governance of European society…either you are with one idea or your idea is in opposition to the dominant society and has the same divisive construct, i.e., patriarchal, (the norm) as appose to matriarchal (the enemy).

I am not a defender of an exclusionary world, based on unbridled patriarchal social constructs, but I think the use of the term matriarchy has been historically flawed. There has never been a truly matriarchal society! The types of absolutes and dominance, that is the hallmark of ruler-ship when only one particular gender is allowed to rule or even the implication of such, is only profound among males.

It is the suffix of the term that is engendered from most men’s imbalanced view of themselves and the world. Instead of “men rule” it is usually surmised as, “men have the exclusive right to rule”! -- (And usually at all cost!)

I can agree there were and still are, many definitive matrilineal social orders and maybe one can introduce an alternative term such a “matri-social” or “matrilineal civility”, but it is the “–archal” that makes patriarchy, by its nature, antithetical to a female based society. The borrowing of this suffix, does a disservice to women and all matrilineal cultures!

So in light if what is observed in modern society, African American women are not and should not rule over Black society as a whole, for in matrilineal society, women were in the natural balance of spiritual, ritualistic and socio-cultural continuity and collectivity. No part of the whole could properly function or could dominate without them…women were the core of a matrilineal societies essence in a sense.

“The legs are probably the strongest and most important part of the chair, even though they’re not on top.” Remember the throne of leadership in ancient Kemet rested in the lap of Aset.

I bear witness to everything you've said here, SUN CHIP.

That's why I attempted to clarify the precepts of Matriarchy in my previous posts.

There was originally never any concept of "absolute rule" in ancient and traditional societies, as there was/is in western patriarchial ones.

Un-Natural Order of Things

Hotep

Afrikans in America have been misled on Absolutly Every Level of Human Activity by our Open Enemy and still Great Manipulater. All of our lack of Manors, lack of Ethic, lack of Morals, Drug Useing, Shiftlesness, Weakness even for the so-called Educated, Largest Prison Population in the World 85% Black, Childern Dieing by the Thousands Daily, Disease Running Rampunt and some of us think we have it made. And all because we are under the control of only 10% of the total world population a so-called White Male Dominated Patrearchy and it's Absolute Faleure and a Un-Natural way of life for any Human Being on this Planet Earth. All of those influnced by the western Mind-Set.
Why is it that in the Begining every thing has to be in it's Absolute Natural configuration before it can enter the world as we know it, such as a child comeing from it's mother's Womb, then later in life the Perverted influince of today's social envirnments we are forced to believe that the Creator has only Male attributes???? And we all know, our Mother is Not a Man?!!
Know your Self and you will know that the Woman is the most important of G-d's Creation. In Ancient time, when we were still in our Right Mind, befor the comeing of our Open-Enemy, The Black Woman Naturaly Occupied Her Proper Place in KMT Life. Today we have been saduced by the Devil to the point that we are not only lost in our Biblical Perspectives and Myths, but also Absolutly out of our G-d loving Minds when it come to the Natural Place of the Black Woman.
With out the Knowlege of Your Self, you don't have any idea what your proper place is in this Life. As long as you "Black" Folk continue to follow in the ways of your Open-Enemy, you will never know how to give your Black Woman the Respect She and that part of G-d deserves. We are only fooling our self.
Note: Black Women have never in the history of the Earth been refered to as Female Dogs, and made to walk behind a man in some cultures and worst things are done to women in other cases. Some men have become so diluted in the Mind that they think a woman is nothing more than something to be used and the worst being, She thinks it too. So what is the Answer, do you think we can fix up this Crazy White Mans Ideas so they might work a little better? Or is it better to just give him back all of his Poisonus Confusion and Go Back to the Creator and ask to be Restored to our Origenal Self and Greater Glory of Self, Black Afrikan Self?? The Black Man and Black Woman are Twin Halfs of Each Other and are Equal and Strong together. In Ancient KMT the Origenal Man and Woman together reached levels of Super Natural Abilities. How Low we have Fallen,.........Atom !?

Ase`

PurpleMoons said:
Wow Brother Ralfa'il!

You think that women shouldn't be leaders and warriors? You think when it comes to the defending our children, we would be more passive, sensitive and submisive? Wow! Surely you haven't looked closely at some of the single mothers in the world. Surely you didn't take noticed to the Sisters, who through their babies and themselves overboard those slaves ships, So that she and hers would not be subjected to the cruelty of the white man. Maybe you did, with a structured eye? Therefore, you saw what you wanted to see. I know you don't mean to offend the Sisters, but dang, I'm insulted.

As the oldest daughter of five sisters, you can't imagine the battles I had with the brothers, standing toe-to-toe I might add. I won some and I lost some, but you better believe a brother thought twice before tampering with my teritorry, which was my family. I am not a masculine sister either. I am very feminine, but when you f*** with mines in a hostile way, you better believe, you will feel the wrath of a lioness. I had two older Brothers also, so when in came to matters of the family, the balance was/is definately there.

Yes, many Sisters are naturally peacemakers, but where no resolve can be reached, a sister will automactically go into defense mode. Now, I know all sisters aren't warriors, but neither are all men. We may not have the physical structure for battle, but that is just a technicality. We just have to use more strategy, than physical. Behind all those great male leaders, who do you think was whispering in there ears.----- You got that right!-----A Sister, Mother, and women. She is the underdog and had no problem with seeing a male demonstrate all his natural, beautiful, Godly strength. It was a man, (just like yourself) who had a problem with the intellect and wit, she posessed.

I don't think a society should be martriarchy, But should be represented by both sexes. A solely patriachy society is the reason why we're so jacked up now!

I still love you though! You just don't understand the true worth of a women. :ilu:

Queen, I bear witness to everything you've said, from the first statement to the last.

Sun Ship

Peace

I agree with you that there has never been a true matriarchal society...probably because one never stood a chance of lasting around other more dominant and matriachal societies.

I also agree that we shouldn't gravitate to extremes.

My premisis is that we need a society where both men and women know there roles and place themselves in positions where they can best represent and function within their nature.

Let us be honest, white men have created a society in which our women were forced to accept roles as protectors, providers, and heads of families by killing off black men physically and mentally and THAT'S why the black community in America is in the shape it's in.

I has nothing to do with nature or Afrocentrism.

Purple Moons

Peace.

You talk about the value of a woman...

But most women I know want to be pampered and loved. I don't know any woman who appreciates being sent to boot-camp and forced to be warriors and leaders as their men take the back seat.

But stranger things than that is happening in the black community today.

Every woman is different and individual but few women appreciate being treated like men and expected to do things beyond or too strenous for thier capabilities.

Infact, most women I know don't even like making decisions on dates, they expect me to make most if not all the decisions...especially when in the beginning of the relationship.

I still love you too sis, and I seriously doubt you'd even respect...let along love or admire any man who relied on you to defend him and the society.

Also, the way so many of these so-called concious black men are running around patronizing our sistaz by calling them queen and agreeing with everything they say is bearing witness to the damage that has been done.

If I was a woman I would think it somewhat patronizing and demeaning to call someone a queen when you aren't trying to produce a kingdom to place her in.

African and West Indian woman would never fall for it and that's why many of them would rather associate and marry white men rather than sweet talking AfroAmerican men who try to be pimps rather than offering real solutions.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back