Black Spirituality Religion : MASTERS OF OUR MINDS

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by info-moetry, Aug 27, 2005.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Wilanda Akil
    March 3, 2002

As people we should have more, be worth more, and be able to give more. I want to have more and I want my people to change their current situation. I want them to have more education, more focus, more direction, and more freedom.

Why is it that with all of our capabilities we never really try to do something? We are always mad at the world, but do we really take our situation seriously?

We need to take the necessary steps toward change. This change does not start with the formation of a boycott, but within the mind of every Black soul. For too long, we have held misconceptions about our people and ourselves. It is now time that we place our self-hating and self-defeating thoughts under a microscope and divide the truth from the lies.

The following are ways that we can free ourselves from mental slavery:

http://www.globalblacknews.com/history.html

2. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7

I agree. I love that website. :hearts1: I think that is the type of stuff we need to teach our kids as well. I think your title says it all. Until we "master our minds" then what hope do we have.

Just even knowing how our minds work is the most important thing. They say we only use 10% of our brain and don't know how powerful the other 90% is. By focusing, visualizing and speaking on something continuosly whether positive or negative, it manifests in our reality, or we end up attracting situations and circumstances to bring us closer to that reality.

I'm sure the "powers that be" know that very well and that's why they continously feed us so many negative images about ourselves. All it took was for us to believe on a large scale and it is now our reality.

Now we even make plays about ourselves showing every negative stereotype about our people that we can. Some of our black comedians usually speak in terms of how "white folks are this (organized, on time, etc., )and hos us black folks "can't do this or that", we send out e-mails to each other stating "u know you're black when...."

I would love to see a play done with our Kemetian (?) ancestors in them I don't know enough about Kemetian mindset or how they kept themselves on such a higher conscious level to be able to go undisturbed so long and create the most astounding things that this world yet has to imitate, but I know the seeds are in us.

We definately need a large shift in consciousness. I would love to see more information in that era on their spirituality and what they did. They say that we are continuosly birthing our future with our thoughts words and deeds, albeit haphazardly because we aren't aware that we are co-creators, creating creation.

I'm going to read on your website about the spirituality part, and if u have any more info or if I come across any, I'd love to share.

Peace and Love

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Peace

That is an interesting site.

I am thinking one of the biggest deterrants to our making the most of what we have as a people is that a lot of us don't understand the difference between victimization and victimhood.

No doubt as a people we have been victimized. Things have been done to us and continue to be done to us that should not have been done.

But victimhood is not something someone does to you. Victimhood is when you take on the label VICTIM and do everything in your power to justify wearing that label. Victimhood is when you say "I've been damaged" and you avoid any action that might bring into question just how badly that damage was done. You can't do anything to improve your situation for that would disqualify you as a victim. You wield the false power of helplessness that serves as an excuse for any bad behavior.

We have to move beyond that. We have to say "Okay I've been victimized but I'm not going to be a "victim."

I remember when I was pushed out of the credential program because of my disability. My rehabilitation counselor said "I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You've worked so hard." Telepathically I sent the message "Yeah f**k you too." I determined that I would not lay back and be anybody's sad case. Okay, chocolate girl, where do we go from here? What's plan B?