Black People : Massive protest in London over Budget Cuts

Scuffles As Workers Protest Against Cuts

Light bulbs filled with ammonia and paint bombs were thrown in Oxford Street, police said.

On its Twitter account, the Met Police said there had been "two significant incidents of violence towards property and police away from the march".

However, the majority of the demonstration dubbed the "March for the Alternative" was peaceful with organisers claiming up to 500,000 people had walked from Embankment to Hyde Park.

Sky's home affairs correspondent Mark White said that the mall splinter group of protesters tried to get into branches of Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and McDonalds.

"There are a number of police vans down Oxford Street - at the Oxford Circus end - and if you look through some of the other junctions around here there are police arriving all the time to reinforce the area," he said.

White said he had not smelled ammonia, but had seen "paint bombs, smoke bombs and heavier objects" being thrown.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110326/tuk-scuffles-as-workers-protest-against-45dbed5.html

Well I can understand your love and desire to make excuses for the nation that colonized Nigeria and still enslaves that nation economicly,
and duck the issue of the UKs coruption as though it is something close to ones heart,
and talking about the cuts is like

metioning a cherished friend going on a drinking binge, that one does not made issue of in pulbic:qqb016:

but as folks whose ancestoras have been dragged to this wilderness against our will, we have no desire to coverup or make excuses for US corruption, and as yu can see we talk about it constantly!!!!!

But in terms of the conversation, what kind of hell will black folks in England be catching?

What will be the new problem in the UK Black community from these cuts?:em19:

Do you always create threads with the specific attention of arguing (not debating) with someone. No one is ducking anything so stop trying to make something out of nothing. Ive done told you - tea and crumpets wasn't what awaited Caribbeans (Mainly Jamaicans) when they stepped out off the boat and the streets were not paved with gold. NO BLACKS NO DOGS NO IRISH is what awaited them and many Jamaicans went back to Jamaica.

I don't know who you think you are fam but you aren't Malcom X - I'll tell you that. Our forefathers are mainly from Jamaica and other parts of the Caribbean - were they not enslaved against their will? We are well aware that African Americans probably suffered the worst of the ordeal partly because their condition was sanctified by law. But we can't be here aruguing over who suffered worst - that is just foolishness, we all live at the bottom of the white mans society whether it be America, Australia or England.

Its a pointless and fruitless argument. Its kind of like people who say Englands ghettos pale in comparision to the USA's Ghettos but then someone from the poorest part of Africa will come to both countries and make the case that both of those ghettos pale in comparison to their own. Arguing over who got the best piece of trash when were all at the bottom of the pile.

You know what the problems will be - Isn't it said that when White America catches a financial cold, Black America catches pneumonia? Why do you think its going to be any different here? This may be a generalization but the majority of Blacks in the UK aren't even aware let alone trying to defend UK's corruption.

And for the record - i'm sure their are plenty of African Americans who make excuses for USA corruption. For someone who claims to know so much - you always seem to contradict yourself . Are you seriously going to try to paint African Americans as one politically unified group?

Do you always create threads with the specific attention of arguing (not debating) with someone. No one is ducking anything so stop trying to make something out of nothing. Ive done told you - tea and crumpets wasn't what awaited Caribbeans (Mainly Jamaicans) when they stepped out off the boat and the streets were not paved with gold. NO BLACKS NO DOGS NO IRISH is what awaited them and many Jamaicans went back to Jamaica.

I don't know who you think you are fam but you aren't Malcom X - I'll tell you that. Our forefathers are mainly from Jamaica and other parts of the Caribbean - were they not enslaved against their will? We are well aware that African Americans probably suffered the worst of the ordeal partly because their condition was sanctified by law. But we can't be here aruguing over who suffered worst - that is just foolishness, we all live at the bottom of the white mans society whether it be America, Australia or England.

Its a pointless and fruitless argument. Its kind of like people who say Englands ghettos pale in comparision to the USA's Ghettos but then someone from the poorest part of Africa will come to both countries and make the case that both of those ghettos pale in comparison to their own. Arguing over who got the best piece of trash when were all at the bottom of the pile.

You know what the problems will be - Isn't it said that when White America catches a financial cold, Black America catches pneumonia? Why do you think its going to be any different here? This may be a generalization but the majority of Blacks in the UK aren't even aware let alone trying to defend UK's corruption.

And for the record - i'm sure their are plenty of African Americans who make excuses for USA corruption. For someone who claims to know so much - you always seem to contradict yourself . Are you seriously going to try to paint African Americans as one politically unified group?
Number one just a question, this is an Pan Afrcian board and my concerns here are about Black folks all over the planet

but I as an African can question any one here in regards to the rules of this website inregards to excuses for abuses of the white governments they live in

If you have something personal about me take it up with management

other wise if you desire to debate this further in a mature and non emotional manner then

we can debate

But it seems as though there are things and situations that certian folks desire to sweep under the rug

An injury to one is an injury to all

my focus is the race globaly and my posts relate that concern!

Now back to the question.

what kind of hell will Sisters and Brothers be facing in UK after these cuts?

Well said.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back