Black People : massa 'nem got pneumonia, hiv, or sump'n

Jahari Kavi, lol, thanks for giving me something to look forward to!

In response to all posts,

I understand everyone’s perspectives and feelings towards the leadership of America. At the same time, a little positivity incorporated into your views would not hurt either. I hear a lot of pessimism on how we (African-Americans) will continue to be looked down upon. I do not understand how some can say this, when we are in a completely different position now than a century before! Based on the pattern of African-American history all I can picture is us moving toward a better future. I’m not saying to stop vigorously fighting for equality, but to add a little hope into the mix. In the words of MLK “I have a dream…”, Yes! Let’s all visualize a happier future. Positive reinforcement goes a long way. In this money driven and technology based time, opportunities can be reached without us having to show our faces. You can take different tests to become qualified for whatever field you have a passion for and achieve a financially secure future for yourselves and your children. Numbers do not lie! I agree there are still a lot of hurtful, over baring racists out there who will try to stunt our growth, and that should give us more initiative to stay hopeful, positive and work hard.

Guys, we have to look at the bigger picture, at this moment in time, African-Americans are least of the worries of the wealthiest 1% that rule the U.S. We are at risk of living in a country that may soon no longer be a world super power. The wealthy have to watch their backs because foreigners are coming from other countries using our academic resources, and then running back to empower their own countries. I cannot count how many foreigners come to the U.S. under a student visa and get into our universities; they graduate with numerous degrees, (then go back to their countries to apply the education they acquired), and then utilize their talents in their workforces, which ultimately will cause their economy to flourish. Why America? Well, many American University’s offer foreign students scholarships and other form of academic funds. This is a marketing strategy to make their facilities look more appealing to individuals seeking an institution to spend their college savings, student loans, government sponsored grants, etc. Most people when shopping for a school want to attend an institution for higher learning that has a reputation for producing the finest graduates.

Foreign students make up a good amount of academic high achievers. Statistics can show the percentage of foreign students who obtain high grade point averages. However, how often are people asking: 1. Do foreign students stay in the U.S. after a successful academic career? 2. If not, where are their degrees utilized? And then what…? The wealthy/leaders of America thrive on filling their pockets and live by the creed of laissez-faire. As we all know, many countries do not go by this standard. Other governments are elbow deep in business dealings that occur in their country. U.S. leaders/the wealthy will engage in enough foreign relations to ensure they keep a constant flow of income, but not so much as in allowing another country to interfere with our government. But, foreign relations and higher education work hand in hand. This is where the U.S. is leaving an opening for self destruction. They are providing U.S. government sponsored academic funding to unpatriotic foreigners. These foreigners obtain an education (from the U.S) that would make them great competitors and intelligent enough to enhance their own economy. U.S. leaders have to care and they do care, because they are able to rip off the American people, build their wealth and then enjoy it, and will do everything they can to maintain this life style. The wealthy know other countries do not go by the laissez-faire rule so they will care enough about their lifestyle to not hand our country completely over to foreigners.

http://www.data360.org/graph_group.aspx?Graph_Group_Id=440
http://opendoors.iienetwork.org/?p=69736

I can find so many holes to shoot through in the above statement but will keep it brief. For one Black people are the main ones who have been carrying the brunt of this "superpower" status and are the least who should seek to maintain american world "supremacy". Years ago our BLACK business leaders should have been developing ties to "Third World" leaders and investing in EMERING GLOBAL MARKETPLACE.

The other thing is its not simply a thing of foreigners coming here then going back to enrich their own countires. The US with the CIA has been STEALING the Wealth of Nations (ie neocolonialsim) and their zionist/british allies have directly COLONIZED the majority of the world including former British COLONIAL SUBJECTS (China, India, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa) which are EMERGING MARKETS and pulling OUT FOREIGN INVESTMENT in us financial corporations/banks/markets and re-investing IN THEIR OWN MARKETS.....and Japan/Hong Kong/Brazil/Argentina...etc.

Its not even a matter of being pessimistic but acknowledging that ALL EMPIRES RISE AND DECLINE and "America" will be no exception to this cyclical pattern of Human History.

Its just that with barely a 200 year history it will be one of the quickest rise-and-fall in recorded history.

AAlicia25,

This thread issue, of us as Blacks not discussing the economic downturn, was met by links offered by omowalejabali, and obviously answers the question. As brother o satisfied the thread issue by showing discussions on the question, his thinking was identical to my own. And this is my link offered as proof that we are talking on the subject: http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=539614&postcount=190 .

In your approach however, the deeper, core perimeters, surfaced. Academically, one must certainly agree with the facts as you have outlined and supported with documentation. My only exception to the ideology chosen, and perhaps a few others, is based on the perception of a statement like this:

“I still stand behind my initial theory (I mentioned in another forum), that if we get more involved and interact with the majority (white America) it is only human nature that relationships and bonds will be formed. A playing field of commonality will be created and we would no longer be viewed as the “other” but as fellow brothers and sisters amongst Caucasians.”

Although this theory of yours is both logical and true, order of the times, it mingles the effect part of the cause relationship (cause/effect) between the so-called races, which has resulted in modern racism. White people are not the majority, even in today’s global economy, but the minority on the world stage. Rather than commonality, the playing field has to be level first with truth as it relates to human origins. Rather than viewing people of color as typically the other, our apex position on the human ladder is the exchange. Rather than getting more involved with Whites, Whites must be welcomed into the human family, and not treated as outsiders by Blacks.

So, just in my view, this closer look into the theory, partly explains the small degree of discontent around which is otherwise a factual outlook. Please accept this critique in the loving spirit and intent in which it is given.

The bottom line here is that this theory which suggests that Blacks and whites will become one "human family" is fallacious at core because even as powerful as Barack Obama may appear to some he even answers to specific economic interests starting with WARREN BUFFETT.

Now, for those who say NON ONE is talking about these issues I wont repeat what I stated and provided links to back up previous assertions but proof is in the most recent deal between Buffett and GOLDMAN SACHS.

One then has to KNOW what Obama, McCain and Goldman Sachs have in common then maybe this "pessimism" one speaks of will alter this perception once one recognizes how this entire system is RIGGED and benefiting only an elite with the real players being Buffett, Murdoch and Barclay's.

Peace

Its not even a matter of being pessimistic but acknowledging that ALL EMPIRES RISE AND DECLINE and "America" will be no exception to this cyclical pattern of Human History.

Its just that with barely a 200 year history it will be one of the quickest rise-and-fall in recorded history.
exactly; history has shown that civilizations rise and fall. this one is dead but has not gone ahead and fallen over yet so that it can be buried.

in the same vein can it be said that their "armageddon" is upon them. (even though the "evolutionarily delayed" will prolly bring another symptom of their disease [war] in such a strenous fashion that they'll do enough additional damage to the environment that it may come even closer to looking as if they will have "destroyed" the planet, this "armageddon" is a metaphor for the fall of this whole concept of "western civlization", which is basically those signatories to the "north atlantic terrorist alliance", ie "white folks". "armageddon" won't "break" the planet, just their myopic dysentric "world view".)

"the head is dead fred" the mighty chicken eagle is just running around getting blood all over everything before it falls down and we can stick it back in the oven so that Mother Nature can finish getting that particular "skin sack" properly inoculated so that it can live in the environment that spawned us all as well as the rest of us do (that is to say without man made chemicals to "protect" it from this environment) ... or the way we did before we got infected (colonized) with this "industrialism" disease. in other words, this is the "pneumonia, hiv or sump'n" that "massa and them" are dying of.

i'm really quite glad that this one has lasted only 200 years (but that is just the bit of the cancer that is spreading from this "nation"/klan). perhaps "next time" it will only last a few decades or less. or even better, perhaps this could be the "final hurrah" and this planet can get back to something that makes sense ... which does not include capitalism/economics, corporatism and the other ills that it has poisoned us with for entirely too long.

and the sooner we stop buying into this terminal illness, the sooner we can get to figuring out what it can look like after their diseased structure finally finishes falling apart.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

The bottom line here is that this theory which suggests that Blacks and whites will become one "human family" is fallacious at core because even as powerful as Barack Obama may appear to some he even answers to specific economic interests starting with WARREN BUFFETT.

Now, for those who say NON ONE is talking about these issues I wont repeat what I stated and provided links to back up previous assertions but proof is in the most recent deal between Buffett and GOLDMAN SACHS.

One then has to KNOW what Obama, McCain and Goldman Sachs have in common then maybe this "pessimism" one speaks of will alter this perception once one recognizes how this entire system is RIGGED and benefiting only an elite with the real players being Buffett, Murdoch and Barclay's.

Peace

omowalejabali,

Go back and review my belated, Corrections or Additions, in my reply to AAlicia25's post, which you have quoted here! My latest entry came to me after posting and meditating, and has nothing at all to do with A Political Economy. But that America is the Fall before Rome, with 53 Trillion in debt and promises!

And thank you, my friend, for not restating your link position, since you had already been given credit, by me, in this post that you have quoted, or misquoted.

omowalejabali,

Go back and review my belated, Corrections or Additions, in my reply to AAlicia25's post, which you have quoted here! My latest entry came to me after posting and meditating, and has nothing at all to do with A Political Economy. But that America is the Fall before Rome, with 53 Trillion in debt and promises!

And thank you, my friend, for not restating your link position, since you had already been given credit, by me, in this post that you have quoted, or misquoted.

Brother Clyde,

I'm not exactly sure what I "misquoted" but it seems you are taking personal what I stated which was not directed at you but a commentary on some of your comments related to the topic.

It seems that there is alot of this going around lately so I will just view things as signs of these times.

I tend to read carefully alot of posts/threads here and have become very selective in what topics I now address as well as who I address. I think that my points here are consistent with points in other threads concerning Buffet, Goldman Sachs and OBAMA and are becoming clearer at least to myself every day as the financial crisis this country is experiencing deepens.

I suggest that my previous post was more a commentary than a criticism as is this one.

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back