Black People : Mass. Scott Brown/ The Fox Dances over the hen House

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
WITH THE MAJORITY IN BOTH THE HOUSE AND SENATE, THE DEMOCRATS DID NOTHING BUT FEED THE FOX IN THE HEN HOUSE, DESSERT,
WHILE HE ATE UP HALF THE CHICKENS FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR,

Massachusetts Senate Race Results: Scott Brown Defeats Martha Coakley
GLEN JOHNSON and LIZ SIDOTI | 01/19/10 10:50 PM |

BOSTON — In an epic upset in liberal Massachusetts, Republican Scott Brown rode a wave of voter anger to win the U.S. Senate seat held by the late Edward M. Kennedy for nearly half a century, leaving President Barack Obama's health care overhaul in doubt and marring the end of his first year in office.

Addressing an exuberant victory celebration Tuesday night, Brown declared he was "ready to go to Washington without delay" as the crowd chanted, "Seat him now." Democrats indicated they would, deflating a budding controversy over whether they would try to block Brown long enough to complete congressional passage of the health care plan he has promised to oppose.

"The people of Massachusetts have spoken. We welcome Scott Brown to the Senate and will move to seat him as soon as the proper paperwork has been received," said Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin said he would notify the Senate on Wednesday that Brown had been elected.

The loss by the once-favored Democrat Martha Coakley in the Democratic stronghold was a stunning embarrassment for the White House after Obama rushed to Boston on Sunday to try to save the foundering candidate. Her defeat on Tuesday signaled big political problems for the president's party this fall when House, Senate and gubernatorial candidates are on the ballot nationwide.

Brown's victory was the third major loss for Democrats in statewide elections since Obama became president. Republicans won governors' seats in Virginia and New Jersey in November.

"I have no interest in sugarcoating what happened in Massachusetts," said Sen. Robert Menendez, the head of the Senate Democrats' campaign committee. "There is a lot of anxiety in the country right now. Americans are understandably impatient."

Brown will become the 41st Republican in the 100-member Senate, which could allow the GOP to block the president's health care legislation. Democrats needed Coakley to win for a 60th vote to thwart Republican filibusters. The trouble may go deeper: Democratic lawmakers could read the results as a vote against Obama's broader agenda, weakening their support for the president. And the results could scare some Democrats from seeking office this fall.

The Republican will finish Kennedy's unexpired term, facing re-election in 2012.

Story continues below
Brown led by 52 per cent to 47 percent with all but 3 percent of precincts counted. Turnout was exceptional for a special election in January, with light snow reported in parts of the state. More voters showed up at the polls Tuesday than in any non-presidential general election in Massachusetts since 1990.

One day shy of the first anniversary of Obama's swearing-in, the election played out amid a backdrop of animosity and resentment from voters over persistently high unemployment, Wall Street bailouts, exploding federal budget deficits and partisan wrangling over health care.

"I voted for Obama because I wanted change. ... I thought he'd bring it to us, but I just don't like the direction that he's heading," said John Triolo, 38, a registered independent who voted in Fitchburg.

He said his frustrations, including what he considered the too-quick pace of health care legislation, led him to vote for Brown.

For weeks considered a long shot, Brown seized on voter discontent to overtake Coakley in the campaign's final stretch. His candidacy energized Republicans, including backers of the "tea party" protest movement, while attracting disappointed Democrats and independents uneasy with where they felt the nation was heading.

A cornerstone of Brown's campaign was his promise to vote against the health care plan.

Though the president wasn't on the ballot, he was on many voters' minds.

Coakley called Brown conceding the race, and Obama talked to both Brown and Coakley, congratulating them on the race.

The Democrat said the president told her: "We can't win them all."

full article;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/19/massachusetts-senate-race_1_n_429033.html

obama is a punk

the DNC chair is responsible for the candidates around the country.
that is kaine, an obama ally. he has lost three races that he should have won due to lousy candidates.
obama should fire him.

if the democrats do not get they act together soon they will be gone.

the DNC chair is responsible for the candidates around the country.
that is kaine, an obama ally. he has lost three races that he should have won due to lousy candidates.
obama should fire him.

if the democrats do not get they act together soon they will be gone.
I am sitting here right now listening to a nut who I had despised for many years, Michael Bloomberg.

BUT EVERY ONE WHO IS AWARE SHOULD HEAR HIS SPEECH REGARDING YOUNG BLACK MEN

HE DOES NOT BLAME THE VICTIM BUT BLAMES A RACIST SYSTEM AND GAURANTEES PROGRAMS TO IMPLEMENT NOT ONLY JOBS BUT CAREER TRAINING FOR THOSE WITH FELONIES, BUT PROGRAMS TO HELP BROTHERS BEFORE THEY GET THERE

MUCH MORE THEN SOME OF OUR TOO SCARED TO OFFFEND WHITE FOLKS POLITICIANS HAD TO SAY OR NOT SAY TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY

I am sitting here right now listening to a nut who I had despised for many years, Michael Bloomberg.

BUT EVERY ONE WHO IS AWARE SHOULD HEAR HIS SPEECH REGARDING YOUNG BLACK MEN

HE DOES NOT BLAME THE VICTIM BUT BLAMES A RACIST SYSTEM AND GAURANTEES PROGRAMS TO IMPLEMENT NOT ONLY JOBS BUT CAREER TRAINING FOR THOSE WITH FELONIES, BUT PROGRAMS TO HELP BROTHERS BEFORE THEY GET THERE

MUCH MORE THEN SOME OF OUR TOO SCARED TO OFFFEND WHITE FOLKS POLITICIANS HAD TO SAY OR NOT SAY TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY
I AM STILL IN SHOCK HEARING THIS COMING FROM THIS GUY BUT LISTEN OR WATCH ON CNN, BLOOMBERG STATE OF NYC ADDRESS,

TRANSCRPIT WILL BE POSTED ASAP

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back