Black Muslims : Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide

WOW! WHEW!

Thank you for posting this.

Cornell West was off the hook!

One of the many things he said, I loved this:

" ...Anytime you talk about the crimes in America and...mass incarcertaion... it takes us back to the initial crimes of White Supremacist mistreatment of our precious indigenous brothers and sister, that ought to be in the rules for us to acknowledge the road that they had to go through in order for in order for America to become America..."

And I love what the brother before him also said, of which I sincerely believe must always be aprt of the struggle in regards to breaking this issue of mass incarceration. I believe that the American educational system has a direct connection to the prison systems, and if that isn't address with just as much vigor as the movement against mass incarceration, then I don't see how we can get a full victory.

It's just like Michelle Alexander said in an earlier interview in which she mentioned how Blacks get a record for things that Whites don't and they do the same thing, and it has to do with racial profiling, and this ties into how these schools are being set up!

Bless you! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was getting where I'm coming from! Your analysis is spot on!

Here we differ. I DON'T feel Obama is "stuck in between." I think he made a clear choice of whom he will support - gays, illegals, white people - and whom he will not - black people - BEFORE he won election. After viewing U-Tubes of black students at Harvard talk about their disappointment with Obama after they went to bat for him in his bid for presidency of the prestigious Harvard Law Review and how he kicked them to the curb in favor of white Harvard conservatives, I have no illusions about our first gay/illegal president who just happens to be black.

Thank you!

I've learned something new hear, in regards to the report abot the Harvard law students who supported him.

I'm so glad that you have the guts to say what you have said, but I got to tell you that It really hurts that he has made 'a clear choice'-- that he would not support Black people on issues that we do need support on. It hurts that he made 'a clear decision', that is what really hurts.

I absolutely don't disagree with you, but I hope that he will at least put up a fight for issues that I'm sure he knows would help us, because if he doesn't, in the end, it will all pan out probably that he was put in office to do just that, support issues that help other groups, and not help Black Americans, the very people he claims is his people!

Robert King, the only one of the Angola's 3 who has been released from prison, talks about how he coped with 29 years in solitary confinement.

http://angola3news.blogspot.com/

You know, I thought this was in reference to a prison in Africa!

I had no idea there was a city-town called Angola, in America!--Louisiana!

This man spoke so well! May the Creator bless him! He really hit home when he said that about the 13th Amendment.

Prison systems are the mark that slavery has never ended. He is so right. I feel kind of bad, shameful, that I did not know about this story. But, thank you so much for posting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back