Black Muslims : Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide

This kind of article should keep us on our toes in this regard.

We should not remain silent about this issue because, I agree that by incarcerating so many Black men, it takes away from the freedom of Black women and children. But i also believe that we need to look at the issues that have caused us to be in this vulnerable position in order to get the total victory, and so we won't keep repeating history and making ourselves so vulnerable by other kind of people who prey on us and then we end up in their system that can so easily throw 'their' books at us and put us in their prison systems while our own massis stand by, and 'they' turn around and call it 'our system' when it is not our system originally. Who is going to appeal to predisent Obama about this issue? And what can he do if we are still doing what racist have deceived us to do and end up in the prisons? This is called 'a bait and switch system, and I beleive we don't recognize this too, and then our people just stand by and do nothing-- not realizing this kind of situation damages the whole.

Thanks for posting.

CD I have a copy of Michelle Alexander's book. It is an eyeopener. The president should be concerned...but is he:(

Another great work is by our ancestor Dr. Charshee McIntyre entitled: Criminalizing a Race, which basically outlines that all of this was pre-planned even before our ancestors were physically freed. The only difference is that, at that time, the prison population was mostly black women as their intent was to stop us from reproducing. In the work of Marcus Garvey entitled; The Philosophies and Opinions of Marcus Garvey, we learn that the ratio of Black men that were incarcerated in his time is exactly the same ratio that they are being incarcerated today in 2013...but we think times have changed, don't we? I guess this is why I give the work of David Walker respect. Here was a brother who was doing good in the 1800's...had land, his own home...and by right should have been content with the idea that he was doing good, regardless of the fact that the rest of his people were doing bad.

Instead of him worrying about his own behind or simply looking out for his own self (individualism), he decided to raise some hell. Why should he have risked his safety, his home and his life for any other black people when he was doing fine? I guess if we could but look into his heart we might find that many of us don't even have one!

CD I have a copy of Michelle Alexander's book. It is an eyeopener. The president should be concerned...but is he:(

I saw Michelle Alexander on C-Span and she seem more concern over this issue then the President or most people. Many folks feel that most people in prison belong there. [And some do].But there is a bigger picture and until one's own loved ones or associates end up behind bars or worse, only then will some people take off the blinders and see the bigger picture of what's going on here.

I saw Michelle Alexander on C-Span and she seem more concern over this issue then the President or most people. Many folks feel that most people in prison belong there. [And some do].But there is a bigger picture and until one's own loved ones or associates end up behind bars or worse, only then will some people take off the blinders and see the bigger picture of what's going on here.

scalar intelligence
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... We have a person here that vehemently challenges us to pick up the pace concerning our involvement with the prison industrial complex. Here's his Thread and a snippet ; take a look when you can sister noor100:

The Art of War
Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by scalar intelligence, Apr 2, 2013.
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-art-of-war.75320/

snippet:
Getting right to the point, what plans do you have to implement the idea of permanently ceasing all jail and prison labor performed by our people of color?

No one can argue against the idea, but where is the plan to implement?

Even more importantly, how do we exercise group control over our labor, the extent to which real impact could be felt by the enemy?
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-art-of-war.75320/page-7#post-790191

Don't be deceived by the title of the thread, the young man is quite passionate about controlling labor inside jails and prisons.

Peace In,

The Reckoning

What Blacks Owe to Each Other

As a follow-up to The Debt: What America Owes to Blacks, Randall Robinson makes the compelling case that at the same time that African Americans push for reparations, they must simultaneously fight another equally important battle against the growing prison industrial system that is as ominous a development for black and brown Americans as the slave trade was for the people of Africa between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries. Tragically, African Americans have been and continue to be overwhelmingly thrown into new prisons-for-profit, increasingly built and run by corporations. Robinson argues that blacks owe it to each other to expose and dismantle this phenomenon because the repercussions, not only to those actually imprisoned, but for the entire black community, are frighteningly multidimensional and intergenerational.
The Reckoning grew out of Robinson’s work with gang members, ex-convicts, and others profoundly scarred by environments of extreme poverty. It pays homage to the residents of these neighborhoods waging heroic struggles to save their communities, and holds up for public examination America’s elected officials joining with corporate America to make private-sector prisons a twenty-first-century growth industry.
rrsm_cropped.jpg
Author photo:
Willets Photo Studio, St. Kitts
About the Author

Randall Robinson is the author of MAKEDA, An Unbroken Agony and the national best sellers The Debt, The Reckoning, Quitting America, and Defending the Spirit, as well as the novel The Emancipation of Wakefield Clay. He is a professor of law at Penn State Law School and is the creator, co-producer, and host of the public television human rights series World on Trial. Robinson lives with his wife Hazel in St. Kitts, West Indies.

http://www.randallrobinson.com/reckoning.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back