Black Muslims : Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide

Brother Clyde I don't have this book by Randall Robinson either but it would be very interesting to see what he says on this issue. I'm sure due to his knowledge and experience, he could be of great assistance.

Brother Clyde, could you please correct the title of this thread. It should read:

" Mass Incarceration + Silence = Genocide

Thanks so much.

MsInterpret Destee

A title change is something one of the Moderators or Sister Destee will have to do. We can no longer edit Titles or delete Threads once posted, sorry noor100.

You can post a Thread asking for a title change, MsInterpret did that the other day.

Peace In,

Why would you get flamed for speaking the truth? I agree with you...I don't see much difference in Bush/Obama policies. Many people seem blind to this so I try to avoid politics. But sometimes I have to say something.

You try to avoid politics because you know black people are still in "protect mode" with the president. But there is no reason to "protect" him now. He's won his 2nd term and the crazies are pretty much off his back. He now has an opportunity to do something for black people but he doesn't, and he won't, because we keep overlooking his lack of concern for our problems.

Everytime I read news websites and see that super-educated black man thinking up solutions and proposing programs and initiatives for (90% white) gays and, especially, illegals (none of whom did or could vote for him while 96% of blacks did!), then I read articles about the mass incarceration of blacks and lately, NY's Stop & Frisk law where over the past decade, 5 MILLION blacks and latinos have been stopped on the streets by police and publicly frisked as if they were common criminals... like you, "I have to say something," even if most blacks get mad.

I think it's important that we stop giving our first black president a pass at his dissing us (have you ever even heard the man use the word "black"?). The difference in his treatment of us and everyone else is almost embarrassing. The upper-middleclass whites at Sandy Hook are still getting deferential treatment while blacks had to take to the streets and pass out petitions to get him even to send Michelle to the funeral of the young black girl who played at his inauguration and was shot down a few days later, blocks from the Obama Chicago home.

Young illegals who snuck with their parents across the border, get the Obama-inspired "Dream Act." When will black youth get an Obama-proposed "Promise Act?"

The Justice Department went in as a "friend of the court" on behalf of gay marriage in California. Will the President send the Justice Department in as a "friend of the court" on behalf of the black men in NYC who were embarrassed, humiliated, and detained because they walked outside their apartments, tried to enter their cars, or were harassed just for walking down the street who filed a lawsuit against the city and the NYPD?

Mass incarceration + Silence = Genocide

We have to break the silence. We have to make some noise. We have to start yelling our dissatisfaction at our brilliant, problem-solving, first black president.

Voices from Solitary: The Louder My Voice the Deeper They Bury Me

April 11, 2013 By Lisa Dawson
The following poem is by Herman Wallace, who has been held in solitary confinement in Louisiana’s prison system for almost 41 years, mostly in the Louisiana State Penitentiary, known as Angola. Convicted of killing a guard at Angola, Wallace and fellow prisoner Albert Woodfox, both members of the Angola 3, were placed in solitary in 1972, where, with the exception of a few brief periods, they have remained ever since (read more about Wallace, Woodfox and the Angola 3). Wallace is now housed in a maximum security prison near Baton Rouge, subjected to conditions which some claim are worse than those at Angola.
In his poem, “A Defined Voice,” Wallace describes being moved to levels of varying security, each more restrictive and oppressive than the one before. (The “Supermax of Camp J” refers to the most punitive solitary confinement unit at Angola.) He asserts that, try as they might, his handlers are unsuccessful in their efforts to destroy his spirit–which on the contrary, grows ever-stronger. Click on the link that follows the text of the poem to hear Herman Wallace read “A Defined Voice.” —Lisa Dawson
. . . . . . . . . . . . .​
A Defined Voice
They removed my whisper from general population
To maximum security I gained a voice
They removed my voice from maximum security
To administrative segregation
My voice gave hope
They removed my voice from administrative segregation
To solitary confinement
My voice became vibration for unity
They removed my voice from solitary confinement
To the Supermax of Camp J
And now they wish to destroy me
The louder my voice the deeper they bury me
I SAID, THE LOUDER MY VOICE THE DEEPER THEY BURY ME!
Free all political prisoners, prisoners of war, prisoner of consciousness.
Click here to listen to Herman Wallace read his poem.

http://solitarywatch.com/2013/04/11/the-louder-my-voice-the-deeper-they-bury-me/

Thanks to bro. Malcolm X, for words that fit this prison situation we find so gruesome:

MALCOLM X If You're Black, You Were Born in Jail

Peace In,

Voices from Solitary: The Louder My Voice the Deeper They Bury Me

April 11, 2013 By Lisa Dawson
The following poem is by Herman Wallace, who has been held in solitary confinement in Louisiana’s prison system for almost 41 years, mostly in the Louisiana State Penitentiary, known as Angola. Convicted of killing a guard at Angola, Wallace and fellow prisoner Albert Woodfox, both members of the Angola 3, were placed in solitary in 1972, where, with the exception of a few brief periods, they have remained ever since (read more about Wallace, Woodfox and the Angola 3). Wallace is now housed in a maximum security prison near Baton Rouge, subjected to conditions which some claim are worse than those at Angola.
In his poem, “A Defined Voice,” Wallace describes being moved to levels of varying security, each more restrictive and oppressive than the one before. (The “Supermax of Camp J” refers to the most punitive solitary confinement unit at Angola.) He asserts that, try as they might, his handlers are unsuccessful in their efforts to destroy his spirit–which on the contrary, grows ever-stronger. Click on the link that follows the text of the poem to hear Herman Wallace read “A Defined Voice.” —Lisa Dawson
. . . . . . . . . . . . .​
A Defined Voice
They removed my whisper from general population
To maximum security I gained a voice
They removed my voice from maximum security
To administrative segregation
My voice gave hope
They removed my voice from administrative segregation
To solitary confinement
My voice became vibration for unity
They removed my voice from solitary confinement
To the Supermax of Camp J
And now they wish to destroy me
The louder my voice the deeper they bury me
I SAID, THE LOUDER MY VOICE THE DEEPER THEY BURY ME!
Free all political prisoners, prisoners of war, prisoner of consciousness.
Click here to listen to Herman Wallace read his poem.

http://solitarywatch.com/2013/04/11/the-louder-my-voice-the-deeper-they-bury-me/

Obama’s 2014 Budget Confirms Plans for “ADX Thomson,” New Federal Supermax Prison

April 13, 2013 By Jean Casella and James Ridgeway
The Obama Administration’s 2014 budget request for the Department of Justice, released this week, confirms that the federal government will open a second ultra-secure supermax prison within the next two years. The new prison will be an “Administrative Maximum U.S. Penitentiary.” Administrative Maximum is a security classification currently held only by the notorious ADX Florence in Colorado, where some 400 individuals are held in isolation and sensory deprivation so extreme that it has been challenged in a series of lawsuits and widely denounced as torture.

http://solitarywatch.com/category/featured-posts/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back