Black Entertainment : marvel black panther rocks black geek world...

[QUOTE="jamesfrmphilly, post: 1000788, member: 4688" View attachment 11801

Lets get this knowledge...

In the movie The Black Panther, Erik Killmonger wore a very distinctive mask that he had taken from the British Museum. Additionally, Killmonger uttered the most famous words of the movie when he said, "just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from the ships because they knew that death was better than bondage". There is a deep connection between those words and the mask that Killmonger wore.

The mask ofKillmonger is from the Igbo people who are from Southern Nigeria. The mask of the Igbo people are known as Mgbedike mask and they are used for ceremonial purposes.

In May of 1803, a significant event took place known as the Igbo Landing. After crossing the Middle Passage, a slave ship arrived in Georgia with a cargo of slaves. 75 of those people were Igbo people and they were sold for roughly $100 each. They were then transferred to another ship to be moved to their destination. Once upon the new ship, the Igbo people rebelled. During the rebellion, the Igbo people killed their captors and took control of the ship. With no way of returning home and facing the likelihood of being recaptured into slavery, the Igpo people agreed to commit suicide...together. They all jumped into the ocean and drowned.

This is what Killmonger was referring to when he said, "just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from the ships because they knew that death was better than bondage".

All power to the people /QUOTE] Additionally James, though I can completely relate to Kilmonger’s perspective/rationale with regard to the Africans who jumped overboard/died rather than be enslaved, as I’m definitely not a turn the other cheek type of person; don’t we also have to give a hell of a lot of credit, deeply profound thanks to the ancestors who hung in there, endured the so brutally sadistic perversity, systematically EVIL abuse [of their siblings and comrades being mutilated and murdered for refusing to BOW/be BROKEN or as the means of traumatizing the rest of us/them into total subservience] of ALL of their Human Rights; or WE wouldn’t be here to make the play/try to turn things around, would WE?

W hy commit suicide[is a crime against the Creator isn’t it] as opposed to either taking the ship to another part of the Americas to get enough supplies, free other slaves to try to subsequently take back to Africa?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
Flattop.jpg

View attachment 11801

Lets get this knowledge...

In the movie The Black Panther, Erik Killmonger wore a very distinctive mask that he had taken from the British Museum. Additionally, Killmonger uttered the most famous words of the movie when he said, "just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from the ships because they knew that death was better than bondage". There is a deep connection between those words and the mask that Killmonger wore.

The mask ofKillmonger is from the Igbo people who are from Southern Nigeria. The mask of the Igbo people are known as Mgbedike mask and they are used for ceremonial purposes.

In May of 1803, a significant event took place known as the Igbo Landing. After crossing the Middle Passage, a slave ship arrived in Georgia with a cargo of slaves. 75 of those people were Igbo people and they were sold for roughly $100 each. They were then transferred to another ship to be moved to their destination. Once upon the new ship, the Igbo people rebelled. During the rebellion, the Igbo people killed their captors and took control of the ship. With no way of returning home and facing the likelihood of being recaptured into slavery, the Igpo people agreed to commit suicide...together. They all jumped into the ocean and drowned.

This is what Killmonger was referring to when he said, "just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from the ships because they knew that death was better than bondage".

All power to the people

Big props for passing along this very appreciated and quite welcomed wake up call with all of us!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back