Black Entertainment : Martin Sheen Is Shopping a 'Making a Murderer'-Style Series That Will Exonerate O.J. Simpson

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Liberty, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,207
    [​IMG]

As Ryan Murphy's "American Crime Story: The People v O.J. Simpson" series premieres this week on the FX network (and to strong debut ratings), veteran actor Martin Sheen has announced that he's shopping around a true-crime series to TV networks that will unfold in a similar manner to Netflix's hit "Making a Murderer," which will focus on alleged evidence that “exonerates” Simpson in the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.

Sheen is teaming up with Dallas-based investigator William Dear, who says he has spent 21 years collecting what he calls "hard evidence" that he believes exonerates Simpson of the double murders.

[​IMG]

“People are fascinated with true crime. I know the time is right for people to look at this O.J. thing,” Dear told the
    New York Daily News today, adding that the project is being sold as an 8 to 10-part miniseries which, like Netflix's "Making a Murderer," will "raise doubts" about Simpson's perceived guilt (although, unlike Steven Avery in "Making a Murderer," Simpson was acquitted of the murders in 1995, avoiding prison time, and would later be found liable in a civil suit in which he was ordered to pay $33.5 million to the victims’ families).

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...eries-that-will-exonerate-oj-simpson-20160204

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    i was living in L.A. at the time of the O.J. trial. the people of that area was inundated with information, daily, concerning the trial--courtroom coverage, morning/noon/nightly television news, newspaper coverage, radio personalities, etc. if you think today's presidential bid is getting extreme coverage, had you been there...you'd think today's coverage is tame.

with that said, i followed the case very closely. what i saw was that, regardless of the prosecutions claims of overwhelming evidence, they had absolutely nothing to say O.J. was guilty of anything. every piece of evidence they presented was proven to be planted by racist cops. the only verdict the jury could have given was not guilty.

background:

L.A.'s district attorney's know where to try a case, to get the verdict they want. the cops who went on trial for the rodney king beating, were tried in Simi Valley. Simi Valley is a retirement community for cops. the only people who live there are cops, retired cops, and the families of cops. they're never going to convict a cop of anything. the only time they try any high profile case in L.A. is when they have an overwhelming amount of evidence--which is what they thought they had with O.J....they trusted the word of cops about the evidence. by the time they looked into it, themselves, it was too late to change venues. REMEMBER: It took three trials to convict the Menendez brothers, who confessed to killing their parents--they can't convict no one. ALL THAT TO SAY: at the time, three fourths of African Americans thought O.J. was innocent, while three fourths of whites thought he was guilty. How do you get such a chasm when both are receiving the same info? the civil case took place in santa monica--in a predominantly white area. everyone knew he had no chance of winning the civil case.

AFTER BEING FOUND NOT GUILTY IN THE CRIMINAL CASE, white people needed to win something...because they thought a black man had gotten away with murdering a white couple.

THAT'S MY RANT.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
  4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    OJ isn't a rocket scientist. He isn't a criminal mastermind. He didn't do it

5. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,207
    I was in Cali, too. And, you are so right. It was 24/7 OJ Simpson. I remember that one day I spent the entire day watching the uneventful low speed police chase. Also, everywhere you went, random white people wanted to strike up a conversation with you about OJ.

I was never a fan of OJ, but from the gate, I felt he was innocent, and the police were trying to frame him.

6. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,207
    • Inhospitable Inhospitable x 1
    • List
  7. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,207
    I agree.... but you know the deal

*smile*

Not only is he not a rocket scientist, it's not his MO. Now, if they had found Nicole beaten to death, I would say, yep, OJ probably did it, cause that's his MO. But, the person that killed Nicole and Ron Goldman was a calm, calculated killer, not an angry, overemotional, wife beater.

• Disrespectful Disrespectful x 1
    • List
  8. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,207
    You know what guys? The way white folks generally feel about OJ and the white woman thing, Martin Sheen probably won't even get the opportunity to make this film. Even though it would be a blockbuster.

• Violation Violation x 1
    • List
  9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Liberty

United Kingdom