Black People : MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY - 2006

Cedric Denson said:
Jambo and Good Morning Family:

I just felt I would start this morning out by asking What you all were doing on Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday? Any plans? Any involvement? Tell me and the family.

CD

Peace CD,

long time no speak.....................

What will you be doing?

what do you know about our beautiful brother, outside of His-story books?

I will be fasting as always on this day too honor this brave hero, even though I do not agree with his approach.....As the late great John Henrik Clarke says in "A Great and Mighty Walk"...about Martin King........

"He was willing too give his life for what he believed and we are still here Talking".....

peace!

Most def......

He certainly wasn't the "punk" so many people try to paint him as.

Too often the media only plays clips of his speeches, sound-bites, and that "I have a Dream" speech over again.

They select what they want us to hear of him.

But a few years back I was fortunate to get my hands on one of his speeches against the Vietnam War.

That man was powerful.:eek:hmy:

He boldly threatened and warned the destruction of America on several occasions.
Called the leaders and politicians in office CRIMINALS, and accused them of murderers.

Even tried to organize the poor and spark a social/economic revolution.

I don't see anyone trying to fill those shoes today.

Sons of Seth

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back