Brother AACOOLDRE : MARTIN L King Gay Friend

Kemetstry

By this logic the former must be true as well. geez

Yeah...

I can dig it...

But...

Please try to be more forgiving (if not forgetting), i. e., since who we did or do consider exceptional (thought equally flawed) human beings--others do or did treat them like they were (or are) living saints...

Simply put:

Different individuals have different conceptions/perceptions/etc.

So, no harm/no foul (as long as the rest of us do contrast idealized notions with any number of reality checks/wake up calls) we've gotten along the way too...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

We all make mistakes. But we all must pay dearly for some of them. To go down a path that there is plenty of evidence to stay away from is a self inflicted injury. You dont get to whine to loud for hurting yourself

*sigh* Kem, please try to keep up.

I never said nor implied that he was bi-sexual.

YOU are one who introduced that factor into this discussion:

...to which I replied:

...to which YOU replied:

So, by what "LOGIC" would YOU couple/group 2 totally DIFFERENT, such INCONSISTENT and INCONGRUOUS aspects/factors to Frederick Douglas; and, THEN, turn around and ask ME to "PROVE" the FORMER and to "DISPROVE" your original "premise?"

Yes, the LATTER is TRUE. You have also AGREED with my previous statement to that FACT. So, WHAT is the problem here?

I made NO implication, just because the LATTER is TRUE, that, in any way, the FORMER part of your premise was true as well....I was just stating a FACT. There was no COMPARISON in my statement.

Now, yes, I get it that the INTENT of your "PREMISE" was your REBUTTAL to the TITLE/TOPIC of this thread which gives an ugly IMPLICATION attributed to M.L. King just because Bayard Rustin was gay.....tacitly implying that "Birds of a feather flock together."

(And, yes, I agree with you and the others who have voiced their displeasure with this thread and the other one this author posted.)

But , why would YOU make such an implied COMPARISON between ONE TRUTH to Frederick Douglas and such a WILD "supposition?"

HOW does such an "EQUATION" support your "PREMISE?"

Has it ever been documented, as it is with M.L. King and Bayard Rustin, that Frederick Douglas was ever in the company of an openly gay man during his lifetime, during his travels and speeches supporting the Rights of African Americans?

NO.

So, There is absolutely no "PARALLELISM" in you "PREMISE" between Frederick Douglas having a white wife and being bi-sexual and this topic, "M.L. King's gay friend."

Again, I can "overstand" your INTENT; but, it was a POOR and ILLOGICAL analogy.

The topic and underlying aspects of this thread

doesnotequalto.jpg

Frederick Douglas being bisexual and having a white wife.

I think we are both guilty of taking each others comments out of context then.

I think we are both guilty of taking each others comments out of context then.

What does it matter if some of our beloved past and long dead leaders can't pass 'our' litmus tests? I'd rather accent on the positive and what they did right! That got us from there (their times) to here (our own) and something we do have an impact over!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back