Black People : Martial Sciences

Fredrick

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 24, 2013
I have heard that many Martial Sciences/Arts originate from our(black) people, and I know of atleast 2 black Samurais from ancient Japan Sakanouye Tamuramoro and Yasuke the once slave turned Hero, and he was Oda Nobunaga's right hand man until Oda's death....and I was wondering about the true origins of "Ninjitsu/Shinobi."​
If it was created by Black people, I would like to know what was it's original name, and what Afrikan tribe practised it, and if it was the complete Martial Science that many people claim then why did they abandon it, or are they practising it in secret some where in Afrika?​

This may help:

Although many Africans on the Continent practice one form of Martial Arts or another. Among the more popular might be Senegalese Wrestling or Laamb:

But the list of Martial Arts on the continent may be endless.

Here's a good attempt at a list:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/12661-African-and-Caribbean-Martial-Arts-List

Snippet:
"Congo
-Gwindulumutu​
a head bashing style of martial arts from Congo​
-Kipura​
A martial art of Congo in which the fighting techniques are based on that of a rooster's. Believed to be an predecessor of Capoeira.​
-Mousondi​
a Martial art that later lead to the development of Kalenda.​
Egypt
-Aha​
(a.k.a. Kemetic Aha, Ahah, Kemet Mariama) Aha is a tricky form of boxing and grappling practiced by the Kemites. According to some sorces, it was practiced exclusively by Kemetic priests.​
-Hikuta​
An ancient Egyptian boxing art still used today. The basis for Hikuta is the ancient art of Kuta. Today Hikuta is used for very modern reasons, mostly the defeat of criminals.​
-Kuta​
Kuta was initially developed by the bodyguards of the ancient Pharoahs in Egypt as the most efficient and effective way to defend their king. Kuta remained top secret amongst the Asian rulers for over a thousand years until military soldiers found out the secrets. Today Kuta is the basis for the art of Hikuta​
-Naboot​
Supposedly almost the same as Tahteeb, except that the fighters use longer staffs. *NOTE: Other sources say Naboot isn’t a martial art, but the name of the staff used in Tahteeb.​
-Nubian Wrestling​
Nuba wrestling, practiced for over 3,000 years, is one of the oldest forms of this ancient sport. The earliest known portrayal of Nubian wrestlers is found on a wall painting from the tomb of Tyanen, an Egyptian officer who died in 1410 B.C. While it is known that Egyptians recruited Nubian archers into their army, maybe this picture implies that Nubian wrestlers were also highly valued by the Egyptians. "Nubian" is a common term the Egyptians used to describe all brown- and black-skinned people living to the south. After studying the various wall paintings depicting Nubian wrestlers and comparing them to the myriad tribes in what is now modern-day Sudan, archaeologists, anthropologists, and historians have determined that the Nubas of southern Kordofan are most likely the descendants of the ancient Nubian wrestlers. Ancient Greek wrestling and Nuba wrestling are similar in style—the wrestlers are nude and score by takedowns (not pinning). These wrestlers can use their entire body, but modern Greco-Roman-style wrestling allows the competitors to use only their upper bodies for takedowns. Nuba wrestling, however, most likely predates Greek wrestling by several hundred years and has remained essentially unchanged for millennia.​
- Sebekkah​
A native grappling art of Egypt. According to one of our MartialTalk posters, Sebekkah requires much waist power in its movements."​

Although I couldn't vouch for that list.

This may help:

Although many Africans on the Continent practice one form of Martial Arts or another. Among the more popular might be Senegalese Wrestling or Laamb:

But the list of Martial Arts on the continent may be endless.

Here's a good attempt at a list:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/12661-African-and-Caribbean-Martial-Arts-List

Snippet:
"Congo
-Gwindulumutu​
a head bashing style of martial arts from Congo​
-Kipura​
A martial art of Congo in which the fighting techniques are based on that of a rooster's. Believed to be an predecessor of Capoeira.​
-Mousondi​
a Martial art that later lead to the development of Kalenda.​
Egypt
-Aha​
(a.k.a. Kemetic Aha, Ahah, Kemet Mariama) Aha is a tricky form of boxing and grappling practiced by the Kemites. According to some sorces, it was practiced exclusively by Kemetic priests.​
-Hikuta​
An ancient Egyptian boxing art still used today. The basis for Hikuta is the ancient art of Kuta. Today Hikuta is used for very modern reasons, mostly the defeat of criminals.​
-Kuta​
Kuta was initially developed by the bodyguards of the ancient Pharoahs in Egypt as the most efficient and effective way to defend their king. Kuta remained top secret amongst the Asian rulers for over a thousand years until military soldiers found out the secrets. Today Kuta is the basis for the art of Hikuta​
-Naboot​
Supposedly almost the same as Tahteeb, except that the fighters use longer staffs. *NOTE: Other sources say Naboot isn’t a martial art, but the name of the staff used in Tahteeb.​
-Nubian Wrestling​
Nuba wrestling, practiced for over 3,000 years, is one of the oldest forms of this ancient sport. The earliest known portrayal of Nubian wrestlers is found on a wall painting from the tomb of Tyanen, an Egyptian officer who died in 1410 B.C. While it is known that Egyptians recruited Nubian archers into their army, maybe this picture implies that Nubian wrestlers were also highly valued by the Egyptians. "Nubian" is a common term the Egyptians used to describe all brown- and black-skinned people living to the south. After studying the various wall paintings depicting Nubian wrestlers and comparing them to the myriad tribes in what is now modern-day Sudan, archaeologists, anthropologists, and historians have determined that the Nubas of southern Kordofan are most likely the descendants of the ancient Nubian wrestlers. Ancient Greek wrestling and Nuba wrestling are similar in style—the wrestlers are nude and score by takedowns (not pinning). These wrestlers can use their entire body, but modern Greco-Roman-style wrestling allows the competitors to use only their upper bodies for takedowns. Nuba wrestling, however, most likely predates Greek wrestling by several hundred years and has remained essentially unchanged for millennia.​
- Sebekkah​
A native grappling art of Egypt. According to one of our MartialTalk posters, Sebekkah requires much waist power in its movements."​

Although I couldn't vouch for that list.

Thanx Asomfwaa I appreciate it, but I wasn't able to make out the Martial arts brotha that was being interviewed? Did he say his name was Tafeeq? I looked on the net looking for that name because I couldn't find parts 2 or 3 to the interview that you recommended, only part 1 and part 4.....I'm starting to wonder if part 2 and 3 still exist.

Everything good and evil had its beginning in Africa, even genetics had its beginning in Africa, so does nuclear physics unbeknownst to the ignorant. War is evil, Africans practiced war preparation, perfected fighting, fighting strategies and tactics, which includes hand to hand combat using weapons. All hand to hand combat comes from using weapons, no one fights anywhere without a weapon, only a spear properly thrown will stop a rushing lion. So all this crap you see on t.v, UFC, Cage fighting, Boxing and point sparring in the Olympics and wrestling it's not real war. Because real war has no rules, people bring anything to war, hoes, axes, spears, poisoned objects and black magic, bombs and gases, etc. The highest skill in war is deception because if I don't know you're going to stab me then all the boxing knowledge in the world won't help me win the fight. Lol. I take grant pleasure talking this way hoping to enlightening, but like I said before war is evil, those who make it their way of life shall die by its destructive evils. This is why Africans didn't spread war all over the place like Asians, many Asian nations have 100s of, if not 1000s of martial systems, not because they originated Martial Arts but because as nomadic Barbarians they were always warring with each other. Most of their martial arts came into existence as a result of people grew tired of big bullies attacking them, robbing them, murdering them and raping their villages. Africans hated war and built social, political and religious systems to raise civilization amongst their people and frowned upon warmongering. One last point, when I have a house, land, food, family, commerce and you have none of these and sleep on the ground, why would I invade you? When you are done thinking about this last point, go learn a martial art for its traditional and spiritual lessons not for the purpose of war but possible preparation.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back