Black Spirituality Religion : MARTIAL ARTS AND SPIRITUALITY

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MysteryDoors, Aug 24, 2008.

1. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Body, Mind and Martial Arts

Body Mind and Spirit are interlinked and martial art such as Kung-Fu and Tai-chi teaches us about the vital points and channels in the human body. By practicing martial arts we find balance, strength and harmony and we synchronize with the Supreme Spirit, the spirit that moves all things or in the words of Shrii Shrii Anandamurtii, Supreme Consciousness.
    http://www.innersports.org/kungfu.htm

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PRACTICING MARTIAL ARTS AND FINDING BALANCE?

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    that's what it was for in the first place! sure, that balance helped when it came time to help an "enemy" flow on beyond one's self, but it was not about offense ... until the west got a hold of it.

3. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Very good point! The martial arts can be used for good or evil.

PEACE!
    :grouphug:

4. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Practicing martial arts and finding balance...

Tai chi chuan (traditional Chinese: 太極拳; simplified Chinese: 太极拳; pinyin: tài jí quán; Wade-Giles: t'ai4 chi2 ch'üan2) is classified as Wudangquan or an internal Chinese martial art. Tai chi is typically practiced for a variety of reasons: its soft martial techniques, demonstration competitions, health and longevity.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_chi_chuan

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    I agree with your statement 100%, as it supports the idea that we are in a physical relationship with the Supreme Being. Marshal Arts is a good but not the best median to tap that relationship. In my younger days of the Bruce Lee, Jim Kelly etc movies, I also practiced marshal arts. It was not the time being in front of my instructor taking instructions that I connected with; I had to do that to get the belt. The times I felt a true connection and presence with Something is when I would practice marshal arts in a completely dark room. You began to feel something when kicking and punching in complete darkness and asking the Supreme Being to guide your movement as to not break your knuckles or toes.

Peace and Power in Reading.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

True indeed God...........

I studied Hwa Wrang Do for years and while studying I definately found that balance or chi which helped me to furthur tap into the unseen elements around me. Also, some while studying started doing things that people considered to be amazing!

It should definately be studied by all as it exposes you to different vibrations and you begin to operate on a higher frequency!

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    When the Body Meets Mind and Spirit

:heart: