Black Education / Schools : 'Marrying Down' Costs Educated Women $25K a Year

What's funny is they really don't understand that by bashing their own women, men of other races hold them in even more contempt. Men of other races almost never bash their women publicly, only black males do while putting the women of others on pedestals. Why do they think that men who shout their love and appreciation of the women that raised them wouldn't think they're scum when they're disrespecting their mothers, sisters and female relatives?

Do they not understand that how they treat us has a direct correlation with how we and they are treated by others?

Do they not understand that their disrespect give rise to the abuse Black women are met with from non Black males who know we have no champions?\

Do they not understand the increasing violence and discrimination is affected by how we treat ourselves? Black people need to start ONE LOVING ourselves and stop trying to integrate since we seem to have gotten back to race relations prior to the Black Power movements whose leaders seem bent on getting white women.

You are new here and just airing personal opinions just like others have done before

And yours are being based on things we are kinda sorta already too aware of

But also striving to rise above and beyond here too

please do read or reread all of those earlier or recent replies etc

You may well be making bad guesses rather know the truth about what we're about in the United States

fyi

If someone feels they are being drug through the mud, then they have offered up some part of themselves to feel that way. I do not feel like I have been drug through the mud by some ugliness another says. Why should I take that on my back and carry it, as if it is mine? It is not. It is not my truth or experience. Anyone can open their mouths and say anything, it does not make it true enough that I should be offended. I do see and understand those that get personally offended. I have been that way in my life, personally offended about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with me, but those days are gone (i think).

I do not think the best course of action is to mimic those that act unbecoming. While I understand the desire to do such, it is rarely the right thing to do. Someone has to rise above the fray, provide better examples of dealing with the challenges we face, not act like those that are carrying on foolishly. But again, everyone has a mouth and can say with it what they will.

I wonder how our enslaved Ancestors felt just out of slavery, and the slim pickings available as it relates to wealth. I'm glad they were able to still figure out a way to produce children so that we could be here now talking about how slim the pickings are. I think it ebbs and flows. I remember hearing my uncle talk about how women were the rare commodity when he was a young man. I think we must all deal responsibly with the cup we have been given to drink from. It is what it is. At best, we might be able to improve the pickings for those coming behind us, if we raise up good children today.

I have found that this entire hating on black women or black men is an Internet phenomena. I have never seen black people talking ugly about their own people in real life. I have never seen what these men do online, in real life. I just have never seen it. Maybe I haven't lived long enough, gone far enough, but the only place I have ever seen this ugliness is online. Which is why it is a rule at destee.com, because it cannot live here.

Don't take what they say personal ... God gave them a mouth ... who are we to try and take it from them.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

The article is here, and I'm sure there are many others like it across the net, no one should be realizing it later.

Marriage is suppose to be a life-long endeavor and much thought should go into that decision.

One can know early-on of their mate's wealth or lack thereof, as it is not easily fake-able long term.

To move forward, and then act as if you had no clue early on ... only realizing it later ... is a bit disingenuous.

I am that Single Black Mother all these folk are talking ugly about. It's not just black men, i hear it from many.

But I know it is not true. I know it is not my experience. I choose rather to be my best me, in an effort to help fix the problem. Be the great Single Black Mother that I am, focusing my energies on my children and/or that which I love. What I look like running behind krazee folk talking krazee?! Why would I immerse myself in that? It makes no sense to me at all.

Everyone is free to do as they please and if giving your precious energy to them is what you want, stay safe!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

It seems you're doing the same thing like in your previous posts. In an effort just to seem right(in your own mind), you're not only twisting words, but you're also bringing in your own logic to the matter being discussed.

Who do you think is on the internet posting these things, since it's such an internet phenomena? Everyone posing as black men? It's black men... in real life.

Aside from that, do you believe your experience trumps everyone else's? Many, yes many black women experience otherwise than yourself, believe it or not. So it's not just on the interwebs for them. I know I've experienced such, on and offline. You may choose to ignore a problem, but it does't mean it's not going on with everyone else.

Do you really feel that because people feel insulted by those actually insulting them, those trying to hush them speaking out against it, those they call kin, they're somehow living life wrong, since you're not living that way? It is not wrong to not want black men speaking ill of us, treating us as if our struggle is lesser than theirs when we're supposed to be fighting for the same cause.

Do you truly believe that to be insulted one must offer up "something" for the ones speaking so ill? I suppose things such as slander don't actually exist. Ya know, because if they're speaking it, must be true since you're feeling upset about it and all.

I honestly expected better from you than this; instead of saying how to fix the problem, you're treating like everyone else. Pretend there is no problem, and somehow that means we rise above it and it disappears. It's never worked that way, and never will.

Oh, and if you don't understand something in my post, how about asking what I mean, and not twisting my words? The whole, "no one should be realizing it later", makes no sense to what I was trying to get across, like much of what's in your posts.

I just did. They specifically targeted black males

And?

That doesn't make your struggle more than, greater than, and most importantly, different than ours.

By you and others like you making it so in your mind, is what's creating division within the community. And anytime it's spoken out against, it's called "divide and conquer". Funny. What good, what progress comes of black men, like you, believing you're going through greater struggle than black women? Hmm? Explain. I bet you can't.

You ever think that they target men more because men are (usually) the providers, the protectors, the leaders, and their men(white men) view men as more of an immediate threat than women and children? Isn't that how it usually happens when one group of people clashes with another? Take out the warriors(men) and then the nurturers(women) and offspring(children) follow?

So, because of that fact, which none denied like you continue to claim, you believe that separates black men from black women? Okay.

All it says to me is that, this is why some men in the community feel they have no need to defend us(black women), because it's not about "us"(black people as a whole), but about, "the black man".

Men who think like you have let your egos grow greater than the cause, and as much as many may deny it or ignore it, it's holding us back. If you are the leaders within the community, and the cause has become about you, and only you, then we cannot move forward.

In any case, that doesn't mean black women are going to stop demanding better, as we should. Stop slacking off and do better, Kem.

If we rise, we must rise together, but if we fall even harder, it's because men like you let us fall apart.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back