Black Relationships : Married 85 years!!!

Workinprocess

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 14, 2010
In addition to this thread: http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63890

I thought this couple should be recognized and used for motivation (They are in the Guiness book of records as the longest marriage of a living couple) I was reading about them in the paper last night, this morning I went looking for something about the on Youtube. Here is a video about them along with some images.

attachment.php

Most recent photo of them...
fishers14.jpg

Even those of us who do not care for the whole marriage and wedding vow stuff, if we wish to have at least respectful and good natured relationships, we should learn something from these people, our elders.

W.I.P :whip:

Yall are really desperate. Foreal.

I wonder how many women he done slept wit or what she done had to put up with for all them years.

Of how many times they had to forsake 'traditional' to have the kind of marriage that worked for them.

I'm not much impressed, but ok, I give'm props.
That's nice.... real niiice indeed.
Hope they got a nice cookie for their efforts. :court: :rain:

I wonder how many women he done slept wit or what she done had to put up with for all them years.

Of how many times they had to forsake 'traditional' to have the kind of marriage that worked for them.

Sista, I been reading a lot of your post and up until now, I have enjoyed much of what you have had to say. I have given you much props and have appreciated you for real. Right now though sista, I feel that you have shown a real disrespect and are out of line.

If you paid attention and looked real close, you would have seen that I don't care for marriage, and the whole taking vows thing, however, for those that do care for that stuff, I respect them and encourage their efforts in a positive way and put up positive images to support.

It is not for you or me to imply that one should or should not be interested in marriage sista, it's just not. I am not a Christian either, but those that are, I don't try and take that away from them, if it works for them, as long as they are not putting down other black people, believing in white Jesus, or trying to force me to see things there way, so be it, let them have their Christianity.

This is not a go at going back and forth with arguing this matter, I have said what I have to say on this :10500: and you can take it for what it is worth or leave it.

Take care sista...

W.I.P :whip:

No, it's much better to settle for being a baby momma, baby daddy, never show our children real working relationships that weather and work through problems; it's better to play house, shack up and split bills ... ?

That's real progressive.

:qqb016:

Sister:whip: how can you say that about these people you don't even know
that was a low blow and disrespect to this couple who have done what a great deal of us cant do or done ........shame on you :nono:
I hope you rethink your actions here,:court: I say it's a blessing and beautiful
to see some of our elders stay together and live by there vows

Sure you had a bad twist in love / man and maybe marriage but no need
to slander others marriage or hold bitterness against it....Marriage is a beautiful thing
when two soul are join as one .........Thank about it !

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back