Black Relationships : MARRIAGE

DA BROTHER LOVE said:
I want you to ask yourself this question like you have never asked yourself before: Why do people get married?

I have reason to believe that marriage is the same kind of principle as having a high school reunion. The only reason people do it is to show off. I mean seriously, if you find someone that you feel that you care about, and you want to spend the rest of your life with them, then just spend the rest of your life with them. keep it to yourself. Why is it necessary to announce it to the whole world? The whole hype of it reminds me of Christmas, where the event actually becomes bigger than the reason behind it. People get all obsessed with **** that has nothing to do with the meaning for the whole ceremony... its all about catering to women... I dont even think that men even give a **** about it so much American propaganda wasnt placed behind it...
Why not announce it to the whole world? What are you ashamed of? I know some cats prefer to keep things confidential so they can have something on the side.

Sure you can have the symbol without the substancer but that is no reason to discard the symbol. Our ancestors in Africa understood the importance of symbol and ritual. It's the white man who though he tried to borrow these things from us has no real understanding or appreciation of it and is more than eager to discard it.

This idea that marriage is all about the woman has no scientific basis. Staistics show that married men live longer than single men or men who just shack up but single women live longer than married women, so it's not like we're doing ourselves a big favor when we agree to marry a man.

Radical Faith said:
Obviously you are not married. So let a happily married man break it down for you. First let's not confuse marriage with a wedding. Marriage is the official (supposed) inseparable bond between to man and a woman sealed with a spiritual covenant between the two. A wedding is the ceremony that celebrates the binding of two souls. The harmonious union of the black man and black woman is the image of God. There is nothing a loving black family can't accomplish. This is why it is so important for white supremacist to keep the black man and black woman separated. A nation built upon a foundation of anything other than family will not stand. This one the reasons we as a people continue to waddle in the mire of misery that is our national reality.

Peace....

Very true!:spinstar:

I am not disagreeing with the symbolism of the union, I think its important for a community to have healthy family structures.... but if you found the one that you want to be with forever, then just be with her forever. Why do you have to invite your friend, your family, your babysitter, your co-worker, the nieghbor down street, and everybody else that you have every had contact with to let it be known? Is it that important for everyone to know? What Im saying is there is a big difference between marriage and weddings... I believe the whole hype of marriage is more of consumerism propaganda... much like Christmas there is alot of business associated with this occasion... people get all caught up in how big the ring is, how beautiful the wedding dress is, how big is the cake.... this is all stuff that have nothing to do with the actual reason for the marriage.... just a bunch of rituals and customs that half of us are probablt not aware of their origin....

DA BROTHER LOVE said:
I am not disagreeing with the symbolism of the union, I think its important for a community to have healthy family structures.... but if you found the one that you want to be with forever, then just be with her forever. Why do you have to invite your friend, your family, your babysitter, your co-worker, the nieghbor down street, and everybody else that you have every had contact with to let it be known? Is it that important for everyone to know? What Im saying is there is a big difference between marriage and weddings... I believe the whole hype of marriage is more of consumerism propaganda... much like Christmas there is alot of business associated with this occasion... people get all caught up in how big the ring is, how beautiful the wedding dress is, how big is the cake.... this is all stuff that have nothing to do with the actual reason for the marriage.... just a bunch of rituals and customs that half of us are probablt not aware of their origin....

Does your girlfriend want a big wedding?
Better yet when your daughter grows into becoming a woman and she no longer will possess your last name ,wouldn't you want to walk her down the aisle,beautiful and for all the world to see?
It is over glamourized at times but if you are indeed marrying for love than the celebration should reflect just that:spinstar:

I personally believe what I have once herad before that to be married to some one is to be with some one that can and is willing to help you heal past wounds that you have not delt with in your life but not only for that reason , i think that is the subconcuois reason but my opinion on the concious reason why people get married is becasue they know that they can trust that person , and in turn be trusted , they can love that person and in return be loved , I think that one gets married they know and make a concoius choice to devote their lives to that person . My whole point is that when true lovers commit to each other they have an agenda and that agenda is to purely love and take care of one another .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back