Black Spirituality Religion : Marriage to Spirits - Vodou

In Vodou, we have family guardian spirits as well. Spirits that were either once ancestors or entities of the natural world that had some affinity to family ancestors or a pact made.

Spirit spouses adds another dimension to the concept of spiritual protection. The spirits sometimes seek to marry individuals. Marriage creates a deeper bond and connection whereby the spirits are more apted to come to a person's aid like a spouse would. Many who marry the spirits see it as a guarantee to success in many areas of life compared to just honoring spirits on a more generic level.

Thank you for the explanation.
Hopefully I'll find my correct spiritual path soon and be able to connect on a deeper level.

Thank you for the explanation.
Hopefully I'll find my correct spiritual path soon and be able to connect on a deeper level.

No problem kinfolk...

Hopefully so. I would suggest you ask your ancestors to lead and guide you to your source. Each of us have different paths to follow but my experience has taught me that by putting your trust in your ancestors you will never go wrong.

Note that sometimes.... unlike what we are led to believe in this western world, you may have more than one spiritual path to follow and this could be simultaneously. I am a Vodouisant, a Palero and an Ab'orisa. Trust me those three traditions are often not mutually intelligible. If I am required to do more I will. However Vodou is my root.

Sidenote: This is not a widespread belief but for me the more spirits the better to some extent. I also follow a personalized format of Tao. (That is a personal choice) but I never mix traditions. That is a no no and a path for folly to do so.

Cool, thanks again for the info. I been asking but I don't think that I've given meditation enough time to let the answers come, like a lot of us do I'll ask but not really wait for a response, so I need to slow down and listen and be patient. Also I've only gotten away from the Christianity for a little over half a year now. Maybe it's too soon?

Cool, thanks again for the info. I been asking but I don't think that I've given meditation enough time to let the answers come, like a lot of us do I'll ask but not really wait for a response, so I need to slow down and listen and be patient. Also I've only gotten away from the Christianity for a little over half a year now. Maybe it's too soon?

Seek your ancestors. The one thing I will say from my experience as a practitioner, although it's not really popular among non practitioners who seek the ancestors, is that in traditional African thought, the ancestors are not thought forms or beings you contact in meditation.

The thought is when you wish to contact a living person do you meditate to talk to them? No!

Or if you wish to build a relationship with someone do you offer them food and drink along with conversation or do you say "let's talk telepathically with no food or drink but through meditation?" No!

To approach the ancestors as abstract thought forms is like approaching any living breathing person as such. It's highly offensive!

In the African mind, the ancestors are living entities that are not physically present to the eye. So while meditation is ok at times, many African people setup a point of contact space with physical items placed for the ancestors in order to interact with them. We leave candles, food, water, alcohol and other things out for them. These things the ancestors use to gain strength and to be more active on the physical plane of existence. Alcohol left out for the ancestors after one day is stripped of its essence and is nothing more than water.

The ancestors approach those who approach them and once you approach them, they are seldomly quiet. They communicate via dreams, meeting of certain individuals or through thoughts that suddenly pop in one's mind. You will know however when they are speaking. My ancestors talk to me throughout the day in various ways. I once got a reading and the priest told me I was deaf in one ear because my spirits are always talking to me. Wouldn't you know that I am deaf in my right ear. Not completely... I can hear sounds but I can't discern words via human speech in that ear. Sometimes it may take a little while for them to talk but usually in no time your people will be chatting away.

It's all about building a relationship. Ask your ancestors for awareness and to make themselves known to you.

Oh no, not another one trying to hide behind spirituality? :confused: Where the **** are the soldiers? Nephew, say it ain't so! :(

I am a true soldier. Take a look.

palo2.jpg

These are called ngangas. They are the spirit pots in Mayombe. The initiated known as Tata Nkisi or Tata Nganga are the ones that have them. They are very powerful and many say giving one of these to someone not initiated or without the proper license is like giving a loaded gun to a 5 year old child.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back