Black Relationships : Marriage Taken Lightly Article by Flo- Real

FloReal916

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 20, 2005
Marriage is taken so lightly these days, and it shouldn't be, I remember when men and women alike wouldn't even dare commit adultery because it just was not right and they feared God! and if they did, they worked through it. Now days people marry because it sounds good or they deem it as the modern day fad, and if it's not working then they split, and that's sad. No one deserves to be walked down the isle for the wrong reason and no one definitely deserves to be walked down the isle if they are not loved whole heartedly by the other person.

Just because you are attached to his/her children- doesn't mean you need to stay and is not a reason to stay
You can still be involved in the Childs life and put yourself in a position of happiness

Just because he/she was there for you while you were in jail up for 3 years- doesn't mean you are obligated to marry or stay with him/her. That was their job as your mate.

Just because you guys were together in high school and you happen to meet up 12 years later does not mean that you were meant to be

If you are in the relationship because of convenience of a job, money, or place to stay, you should not marry or fool the person into thinking that you want to marry them

If you can maintain another relationship with another woman/man and it's serious, you should do a self evaluation before claiming to marry the person that your with. especially if you act a different way around the both of them. If your lady friend brings out the best in you, and your woman doesn't... this may need to be part of the self evaluation

Outside of people's grandparents I can't say that I know of 5 couples that have been married for over 5 years, this generation doesn't even try to work things out, we are so quick to run and jump at the first sign of trouble, till we never even get a chance to see how much it is that we can endure.

If you really need to know and understand what it is and means to God, to marry, then read the bible, and understand that it is taken very seriously contrary to belief.

On the flipside, if you know with all mind, body, and spirit that in the pit of your soul where God dwells... that your mate dwells there also, and no other person....then you may need to go ahead and take it to the alter, If no other woman/man can do anything to sway you their way, and you do nothing but stand on who the love of your life is, then I say marry them in the bible it says it is better to marry then to burn, so I encourage you! I just want you to make sure that you know that the only way out of marriage the right way....is death. So really know the person your with, weigh out the pro's and con's of everything, Follow your heart & not your conscience, and self evaluate before making this life long move, and when you do... you will find that past the pain it will be for the betterment of your heart, mind, body, and soul.

God Bless
Aisha G.
A.K.A. Flo- Real

Written: 3-23-06

Very on point and enlighting facts , time we all start changing how
our children see and accept marriage, how these vows are taken on
a more value this was a great article i agree with Pan just, Excellent .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back