Black Sports : Mark Cuban Would Have Let Sterling Keep The Team

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, May 31, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Bigotry in Sports,

... :nono:

Mark Cuban Would Have Let Sterling Keep The Team

[​IMG]

He said on a SiriusXM show Thursday that he would have voted to let Sterling keep the team if it had come down to the NBA Governor’s Board decision. He acknowledged that he would probably be the only owner to vote in such a way, but said he doesn’t care, reports the New York Daily News.

Cuban said,
    “F**k’em. I don’t care if nobody shows up to games. If I think the ethical thing to do is to vote against 29 other guys, I will.”

http://news.yahoo.com/mark-cuban-let-sterling-keep-team-183206889.html

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I can completely understand that. What I can't understand is what he hopes to gain by expressing that publicly.

3. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Another s.a.s. rant about black responsibility.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Are we really surprised? Cuban tried to buy jordan and when he couldn't he biught a fake jordan look a like but got caught.

Billionaures, protect billionaires. That nonsense about other owners not feeling the same way is b.s.

After all the nba is about 95% black and they still get traded at auction when their OWNERS feel they are of no us to them anymore.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Short of showing his true colors, I'm wit ya; it was a stupid thing to do, serving no real purpose.

6. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Hope Sterling takes it to the Supreme Court, and maybe open the whole can of worms on the Owners and Slaves, oooops, I mean Players.

If Sterling decides to name names of other owners, coaches, staff that feel the same way he does, how many "NBA Players" are going to use the stance of "I am not going to play another NBA game until they are gone"?

Laughable, and I doubt they understand that all these guys have to do is railroad one of their own for the sake of saving revenue.

When Sterling wins, and he will win, the NBA will have to address this without hiding, which is why a business minded man like Mark Cuban would have not went the route of the NBA. When the NBA loses this lawsuit (1 Billion dollars), it will not only blow a whole in their pocket a bit, but will also open up the doors to a wider range of issues.

This image comes to mind of Rasheed Wallace begrudgingly extending a hand to "Bush", as Richard (Rip) Hamilton looks on as to say "don't make eye contact".
    [​IMG]

The complete caption reads as this:

The Detroit Pistons were in the White House today to meet President Bush, but Rasheed Wallace wanted nothing to do with it. When asked what he would say to the President, Wallace said: "I don't have sh*t to say to him. I didn't vote for him. It's just something we have to do." And from the likes of the picture, 'Sheed was either swallowing his pride or contemplating vomiting his White House lunch all over Bush's mug.

(Note: look at all the faces in the photo--Joe Dumars looks terrified that 'Sheed is about to throw a haymaker in Bush's direction; Tayshaun Prince appears either really uncomfortable or really heart-stricken by the Prez; Lindsay Hunter may or may not be playing a game of craps in the background; and though you can't see his face, Darko still manages to look completely befuddled.

NBA shuns voicing of political views, but will force players to go to a "White House"?

By this time, someone would have thought these money makers would have considered investing in their own league and let them go back to enjoying a pretty jump shot.

Create your own lane if you can, and if not, deal with the pot holes while attaining some decent shocks/suspension and tires.

But having to deal with B.S. is just the name of the game, and no matter who they cry and complain to, the Players' Association could barely get them a 50/50 split when it comes to player/owner value.

In time, it will work itself out and make sense I suppose though